About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Two Buck Howie

All my life I have had a nickname, 
in one form
or another. 
When I was first went to school at 
Saint Mary's Grade School
because of my last name, 
Hauenstein, 
I was known as
Howie
That name has stuck with me all my life. 
There have been other names, 
but each year 
Howie  
has always won out. 
When I started playing music live in bars 
and clubs, 
I was still called  
Howie
It wasn't until I decided to start the last rock band I played in, 
before moving to
California
did the full moniker come about. 
I was sitting at a bar with one of my best friends, 
Scott, 
trying to figure out a name for the new band I was starting.
When, 
off the top of his head, 
Scott
blurts out,  
Two Buck Howie With The Exact Change.  
I loved it. 
After I moved to
California
I thought, 
if friends, 
and family members,
ever wanted to find me I would still use  
Two Buck Howie  
as my nickname, 
Blog
When I had a job though, 
I asked everyone, 
just to call me 
Howie
To make this extremely long story shorter, 
after twenty-five years, 
Kelly Conley, 
one of the fine musicians I played with during the 1980s, 
found me by doing a 
Google Search 
of 
Two Buck Howie. 
Today, 
he is the 
Director of Sales 
at the 
in
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
He still plays guitar 
and sent me one of his original songs.
It is great to hear from you!
*****
I also want to say hi to
Paul Blavat
and
Jeffery Taschner
for locating me on
Facebook.

This is,
Happy For The Pleasant Surprise This Holiday Season,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” 

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

 Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment