About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Charitable

I wrote yesterday how I try, 
in my own small way, 
to be charitable, 
especially around the Holiday Season. 
I wrote how doing these little acts of kindness makes me feel all warm
and fuzzy inside. 
I told you, 
that I'm charitable, 
because of my daughter. 
Who taught me how good it is to be charitable. 
That is only partly true. 
The other part of this story, 
is how I felt, 
when I received much needed help during the 
Holiday Season 
when that daughter was six years old. 
A couple of weeks before Christmas day, 
I received a call on my work cellphone from my boss, 
Jack. 
I was working at  
in Orange County, 
California at the time. 
Actually, 
I retired from that great company. 
They were there for me on many occasions, 
when I became ill, 
or when I was having personal problems at home. 
They were very patient with me through all my ups 
and downs I was going through in life. 
When my boss called me he told me there was going to be an impromptu 
Christmas Party 
and I had to attend. 
It was on my day off. 
Well, 
I was upset, 
telling him how I had a large family, 
and I was going through some tough times right then about money. 
He told me I had to come anyways. 
Unbeknownst to me, 
he quickly organized a collection for me. 
When I arrived the day of the party, 
I was given a Christmas Tree, 
presents for all my kids, 
and some cash for gas for my truck. 
I was forty eight years old 
and I cried. 
I will always be grateful to 
Cox Communication 
and the wonderful people who worked there when I did. 
I will also always be grateful to 
Jack Robinson 
for organizing the collection, 
which made me realize how good it feels when people reach out 
and help someone like me, 
who was in need of help. 
I'm not the riches man in the world, 
but I'm never going to forget what they did for me 
and the person who organized it.
Those are the riches I cherish most about my time there 
and how now,
I'm a more charitable person because of it!

This is,
Wishing All A Merry Holiday Season,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” 
- Charles Dickens -

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you are reading or don't like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I'll answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading.

Special thanks to Anthony for signing up as a Follower. He too is trying to be a writer and once he finishes his story, I'm going to ask him if it would be Okay to put up his work under Poetry, Short Stories, Flash Fiction, & A Novelette. I hope he accepts. Thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts that you've written. Thanks for sharing! Love you

    ReplyDelete