About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Bringing Back "The Experiment"

Help Me Write - "THE EXPERIMENT!"

My idea for a story is;
I write the opening sentence or two,
In Red,
then someone should write the next sentence or two to the story in the comments below.
I'll update the story with what you wrote,
In Green.

If I haven't added anything to the story when you read it look to see if there are any Comments below, press the link where it says 1 or more Comments, and add your idea to the latest one. I'll put up everyone's writing and add my part when I can!

You can write just one or two sentences,
or write a paragraph.
Nothing longer please.
Hopefully,
other people will contribute
and so on.
I would love to get as many
Readers-Writers
contributing to the story as possible.
Please,
no extreme vulgarity
and no blatant sexual content.
I reserve the right to do all the rewrites.
Open to suggestions,
of course.
If it turns out to be a good read,
I'll publish a
Free eBook
with everyone's name listed as contributing
Authors!
OK,
here it goes.
I hope it's not too confusing
and I hope to see plenty of contributors.
Have fun.


The Experiment.

   "It makes perfect sense to spend every last cent you have to get the scent you need." Says Michelle Beaussart. CEO and Founder of the prestigious fragrance company, Paris Amour Parfum.
   Michelle is talking to a group of possible investors, during a luncheon, at the Le Jules Verne Restaurant, on top of the Eiffel Tower. 
   "May I request a volunteer for a brief demonstration?" Michelle asks as she picks up the jet black bottle of perfume and smiles inwardly.
   She can sense the skepticism in the air from these doubters, but, because of her past experience and success, she is sure that all the top leaders in the industry will succumb to her new, revolutionary perfume and healthcare product, all packaged in one tiny black bottle.
  "I'll try," says a young petite woman with an American accent.
  Michelle looks strangely at the girl and asks, "Who are you and how did you get an invitation?"
  "I believe you know exactly who I am and have been anticipating this day for a quite a while." Says the young girl.
  Michelle is stunned, taken off guard. Can it be the daughter she gave up for adoption before her freshman year of college?
  The room grew eerily silent. With all eyes on her, Michelle just stood at the head of the table, with a dazed look to her face, not knowing what to say.
  "Come on Mom. I want to be your first test subject."
  Michelle scanned the girl, then the investors, and the girl again. Eyes flitted away anxiously as they met Michelle's, and returned once out of her focus. Only the girl's gaze held. "May we have the room please," Michelle addressed the crowd.
   As soon as everyone leaves, except for the girl who claims to be her daughter, Michelle asks, "What do you want?"


This is,
Thanking Everyone Who Contributed On An Earlier Post Of The Experiment
and All The New People Who Will Be Contributing,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect."
- Anaïs Nin

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle scanned the girl, then the investors, and the girl again. Eyes flitted away anxiously as they met Michelle's, and returned once out of her focus. Only the girl's gaze held. "May we have the room please," Michelle addressed the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you "Unknown" for being the newest contributor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all contributions are shown on this Posts. I used to have a link to another page where The Experiment was located. I have saved all the contributors names. So come on, leave a Comment.

    ReplyDelete