About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Vegetarian Zombie

You say what?
There,
following you
so close behind.
Moaning his grief,
the torture of his mind.

His arms reaching out,
grabs like its mine.
Stiff he waddles,
each step a Frankenstein's.

He was born on the hollows,
of all weens night.
Just ate the candy,
diluting his thoughts of foresight.

Ragged complexion,
blackness of skin.
A mouth drools open,
for the sweetness within.

Sweetness the parasite,
was his constant friend.
A Mother's warning,
never heeded in the end.

Now hide if you can,
from his constant pursuit.
Learn he has,
the value of your vegetables
and fruit.

He raids your gardens,
at night he does.
Eating your veggies,
the rightful healthier buzz.

No longer the monster,
once sickened by sweets.
Invigorating lifestyle,
is his new bag of treats.

The Vegetarian Zombie,
is what he likes to be known.
But still,
he will bite you,
so he won't eat alone!
 

This is,
Reincarnated As Edgar Allan Poe For Only One Poem,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

 “If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we would all be vegetarian.”
- Paul McCartney

This is my Poem and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you are reading,
or does it frighten you to to the point where you are shattering your teeth?
To be safe at night from the Vegetarian Zombie,
set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and Boris Karloff will answer you in a Post!

Thanks for reading.



I wrote the Poem a couple of years ago for my kids.
Last year I bought two 4 by 8 feet pieces of plywood.
First I painted the sheets grey and then I used white paint to write this Poem on them.
Then I nailed both up to a tree in my front yard for everyone to read when they came to my house,
Trick Or Treating.

No comments:

Post a Comment