About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Friday, November 6, 2015

Did It Hear Me?


I have never been so frightened in all my life.

Oh,
no!
I think it heard me.

My only hope to reach my shelter from it,
is the veil of this darkness.

I must follow this wall as long as I can go,
until I feel the warmth of my shelter.

My loved one was taken from me yesterday by it.

I don't know how long I can go on without her,
but her death cannot fill my mind right now with dread.

I must think,
or I too will be like her.

We were better off in the fields.

Why did I let her talk me into coming back into its shelter?

Why?

These creatures are so tall compared to us.

Intelligent.

Evil.

They horde all the food in one place
and then hunt us down if we take just one morsel.

I must make a break for it now.

I must run.

Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

My hind legs.

I can't move my hind legs!

I have to try to crawl away,
but I can't move my hind legs.

It is coming.

I can hear it.

Oh,
a light has come on.

It will see me.

Maybe if I flip over I can.....

Now my whole body is stuck on some kind of surface,
where it won't let go.

A surface so sticky,
my back
and front legs cannot move.

My face now,
stuck on this surface.

It is here!

It is picking up the surface with me on it.

I'm stuffed into some kind of enclosure.

He is taking me outside.

I can smell the freshness of air.

NO,
No,
no.

Not another dark container!

All hope is lost.

Why did I listen to her?

Why?

This is,
What I Imagine The Mouse I Caught Last Night Felt Like,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“When the mouse laughs at the cat, there's a hole nearby.”
- Nigerian Proverb -


That is my story and I am sticking to it!

 Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

If you are reading this on a
Cell-Phone,
you will see a
Link
on the bottom of the page,
after all the headlines of stories
where it says;
View Web Version.
To truly get the full benefit of my
Blog,
I suggest you view the web version.
You will just have to expand the page to be able to read it on a cellphone.


Thanks Again.


No comments:

Post a Comment