About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, January 23, 2017

I Am Still Mourning

"There is no joy in Mudville, as the mighty Green Bay Packers struck out!"
My adaptation from
Ernest Thayer's
1888 poem,
"Casey at the Bat."

Do you have any respect for the Federal Government?
A "Quick Poll" on the website infoplease.com, under the heading "Respect for Government" asks;
Which branch of government do you currently have the most respect for?
You can pick from 5 choices. The Executive Branch, The Judicial Branch, The Legislative Branch, The Fourth Branch - The Media, or None of the Above. I am sure you can guess the answer all by yourself. Thirty percent of people voting picked "None of the Above." I don't actually go to infoplease.com to take random poll questions. I do like them for some of the "infoplease tools" they offer stuff like; Spelling Checker, Conversion Tool, Homework Help - for kids, and so on. My favorite tool is the Periodic Table. When I am trying to sound intelligent and I am spouting out elemental abbreviations at any drinking social gathering.
 
 Having four daughters who don't always agree with each other,
but are pretty upset about the political situation in this country,
I suggest that women should go to a woman's website to get some answers.

A website for women, about women, and I believe mostly written by women. Unlike Cosmopolitan, Bustle is not talking about better ways to have sex with your man, but talk about real issues facing women today. Even though they do have a Link to a Fashion page, this site only uses the name Bustle and does not promote the classic look.
This is,
Maybe Not The Inspiring Answers To Those Hard Hitting Questions You Expect From Me Today,
But I Am Still Mourning The Green Bay Packers Loss To The Atlanta Falcons Yesterday,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Men make the moral code and they expect women to accept it. They have decided that it is entirely right and proper for men to fight for their liberties and their rights, but that it is not right and proper for women to fight for theirs.”
- Emmeline Pankhurst, -

 That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment