About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, January 9, 2017

Believing There Was A Gravitational Pull On My Wallet

Answer Man,
answer me this.
Why can't I have 7 children today,
like you did back in the dark ages?
Well,
you can,
but be prepared to pay.
When I was raising seven children,
I was making a lot of money.
How much?
That is my little secret.
But,
having seven children,
a wife,
and myself to take care of with that nice paycheck of mine,
it was never enough.
I don't know what the cost of raising a child born in the 1990s was,
but I just read how much it is now.

Children don't come Cheap: Cost of Raising One hits $233,610.00.
by Alan Bjerga for Bloomberg on MSN.com/money
"Children keep getting more expensive to raise -- fashion is pricier and so are doctor visits and day care, according to the U.S. government. At least food’s still relatively cheap. The cost for a middle-income family to raise a child born in 2015 to age 18 is $233,610, a 3 percent increase from the previous year, the Department of Agriculture said Monday. Housing was the largest expense, at 29 percent of the cost. Wealthier families, who live in costlier neighborhoods and are more likely to use day care, spend more than twice as much on their children as poorer households. The cost of child-raising has outpaced inflation because of rising health-care costs and additional money spent on clothing, which tends to fluctuate based on fashion trends. Lower projected energy costs, meanwhile, are giving parents a break on transportation expenses, notably driving."
Let us see here.
Seven Children,
at the cost of
$233,610.00
times
7
equals
$1,635,270.00
dollars.
No wonder I'm broke!

Answer Man,
is there anyone out there checking on some of the things predicted by
Einstein?
Of course there is.
That is why we have catchy names like
LIGO
for institutions looking into his theories.

LIGO
website run by Caltech.edu 
"The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) is designed to open the field of gravitational-wave astrophysics through the direct detection of gravitational waves predicted by Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity. LIGO’s multi-kilometer-scale gravitational wave detectors use laser interferometry to measure the minute ripples in space-time caused by passing gravitational waves from cataclysmic cosmic sources such as the mergers of pairs of neutron stars or black holes, or by supernovae. LIGO consists of two widely separated interferometers within the United States—one in Hanford, Washington and the other in Livingston, Louisiana—operated in unison to detect gravitational waves. The design and construction of LIGO was carried out by LIGO Laboratory’s team of scientists, engineers, and staff at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and collaborators from the over 80 scientific institutions world-wide that are members of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration. The responsibilities of LIGO Laboratory include operating the LIGO detectors, research and developent aimed at further improving the capabilities of the LIGO detectors, research in the fundamental physics of gravitation, astronomy, and astrophysics, and public education and outreach. LIGO is funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation and operated by the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)."
And if like reading more of that
Mumbo Jumbo,
their website is full of it.

This is,
Believing There Was A Gravitational Pull On My Wallet While Raising Seven Kids,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,


“Someday my children will look fondly on the annoying things I did and see them clearly as evidence of love.”
- Richelle E. Goodrich, -
That is my story and I am sticking to it!
Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment