About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Don't Let The Naysayers Have You Believe Otherwise

As all
Sport Aficionados
know in
America,
the
NFL 
playoffs begun yesterday.
If you have read my
Blog
consistently,
you know that I predicted,
at the begging of the football season,
that the
were going to the
Well,
so far so good as the
Packers
won their playoff game today.
Yeah!



On my
Post;
 Someone commented,
So what city in Canada are you moving to?
The
Post
is about how I compare
Today's World
to that of growing up during the
1960s.
With all the
Doom & Gloom
that we are bombarded with,
on a daily basis,
Today
doesn't even compare to the turmoil during that earlier time.
The only difference is the speed in which we can communicate with one another,
so any
News Story
is instantly seen by millions instead of days,
and anyone who has a computer
and can type has a platform for his
or her opinions.
Be they
Good Or Bad,
and
Truthful Or Not.
Since
Scaring People
sells,
most information out there nowadays is to frighten people.
But to answer their question,
during the
1968 Presidential Race,
Governor George Wallace
ran as a third party candidate
and was so influential,
he carried the so called
"Solid South."
And we are still feeling his racial rants today,
from the
Republican Party.
"The Huntsville Times political editor John Anderson summarized the impact from the 1968 campaign: His startling appeal to millions of alienated white voters was not lost on Richard Nixon and other GOP strategists. First Nixon, then Ronald Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, and finally Donald Trump successfully adopted toned-down versions of Wallace's anti-busing, anti-federal government platform to pry low- and middle-income whites from the Democratic New Deal coalition. Dan Carter, a professor of history at Emory University in Atlanta, added: "George Wallace laid the foundation for the dominance of the Republican Party in American society through the manipulation of racial and social issues in the 1960s and 1970s. He was the master teacher, and the Republican leadership that followed were his students." - Wikipedia -
To finally answer the question,
"So what city in Canada are you moving to?"
was an actual question my
Parents
were asking themselves,
if
Governor Wallace
had won.
My
Mother
did say to us kids,
that we were going to move to
Canada 
if he had won!
She just didn't say which city.

This is,
Me,
Telling You Today's World Is A Breeze,
Don't Let The Naysayers Have You Believe Otherwise,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“People believe what they want to believe. Even if it isn’t true.”
- Julian Houston, -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment