About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Questions You Need To Ask Yourself So You Know The Answer

Mister Answer Man,
why do the old
Wibbily Wobbly Timey Wimey European Buildings
have statues of
Mythical Looking Creatures
hanging on them?
Having a series of grotesque statues and faces on the outside of your building might not seem like an obvious thing to do, but the frequency of them — from the Hunky Punks and rather obscene Sheela na gigs of Ireland and the UK to true Gargoyles, like the one above from Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris — proves otherwise. To get technical, it's a form of apotropaic magic; something intended to scare away evil. And true gargoyles serve another, much more practical purpose as well — their mouths are spouts that channel rainwater off the roofs of churches!
Story From 13 Superstitions and their Origins on MSN Lifestyle.com

Why does it smell like wood burning on
flights?
To tell you the truth,
it doesn't smell like burning wood-chips on any
Alaska Airline Flight,
it was just the recent headlines on some
News Feed
that wanted you to believe that the airline was using wood to fly it jets.
Like the one on
Flight Powered by Wood Chips a First for Alaska Airlines.
"An Alaska Airlines flight powered by wood chips made a historic trip across country Monday as the first using renewable, alternative jet fuel produced with the help of the Washington State University-led Northwest Advanced Renewables Alliance. The demonstration flight – from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Reagan National Airport in Washington, D.C. – used forest residuals, including the limbs and branches that remain after the harvesting of managed forests, according to a statement from Alaska Airlines and the university. The fuel was a 20 percent blend of the sustainable bio-fuel, which officials said was chemically indistinguishable from regular jet A fuel, the statement noted. This latest milestone in Alaska's efforts to promote sustainable bio-fuels is especially exciting since it is uniquely sourced from the forest residuals in the Pacific Northwest, Joe Sprague, Alaska Airlines' senior vice president of communications and external relations, said in the statement. NARA's accomplishments and the investment of the U.S. Department of Agriculture provide another key in helping Alaska Airlines and the aviation industry reduce its carbon footprint and dependency on fossil fuels, he continued."

There you have it.
Answers to some obscure
Trivia Questions
which may
or may not ever come up!
Does anyone ever still play the game

This is,
Working On An Original Story For Tomorrows Edition Of TwoBuckHowie's Blog,
So Today I Had To Answer Those Questions You Didn't Know You Wanted To Ask,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“The brain may die, but my compulsion for useless trivia lives on.”
- Molly Harper, -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment