About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

I Really Like The Part Where I Say

Since I am of mostly
German
descent,
with a lot of
 and
 blood to boot,
Wednesday,
in my opinion,
is in honor of
Or the
Day Of Odin.
Normally,
I like to
Rant and Rave
on
Wodens-Day,
about all the injustices I see in this
World.
Or,
I perceive them to be injustices.
I know it's all a matter of whose
Point-Of-View
you are talking about.
That is why I am trying my hardest to stay away from ranting every week about the up coming election.
So what do I rant about?
I know.
My youngest son!
He asked me to write a speech for him,
for
English Class.
I know what you are thinking,
so what,
I always had my
High School Sweetheart
do my homework for me
and look how I turned out.
Wait,
maybe that's a bad example.
To make a short story longer,
I wrote this speech for him;



I would like to talk to you today about, why, as High School students, we should be interested about the up-coming elections. Everyone here knows who the Presidential Candidates are. When the time comes, we will be able to vote on the next Presidential Race and then we will have a say on who will become President. But today, there is a lack of enthusiasm in this November 8th election, because most of the people who are able to vote, don’t like either candidate. It is said that a lot of the younger voters, 18 through 29 years of age, might not even vote this year. This would be a terrible mistake. There is a lot more at stake than electing the President. The voters of California have to vote for one of the two Senators who represent our state in Washington. Here, in the 50th Congressional District, they are voting for a House of Representative, Members of the State Assembly, County Supervisor, and City Council Members. There are 18 Measures on this year’s ballot and some of them will affect us immediately. For some of you, it will be Measure 56, which will increase the price you pay for cigarettes. For all of us, it will be Measure S which increases the Sales Tax in Temecula from 8 percent to 9 percent. According to an article by Paul Jacobs in the Valley News, on October 29th, 2016, Measure S is not to support Firefighters and other Emergency Services, and I quote, “the big lie is that Measure S is a general tax that can be spent however the city council members desire. Not a penny is dedicated for emergency services. Temecula’s projected shortfall is a few million dollars in a few years only if nothing is done to curb spending. Measure S is an obscene money grab from one of the richest cities in the Inland Empire. The irony of city leaders sitting in their luxurious $70-million-dollar Civic Center are perplexed by projected budget shortfalls, is priceless.” Which means, we will pay a little bit more for everything we buy, because Measure S will give the City Council Members a way out of their projected budget shortfalls. Now if you are one of those people who already think, “My one vote will not count,” you would be wrong. Especially in voting for State, County, and City Officials. On voting for the many Measures that are on the Ballot every two to four years. And on local Tax increases. My Great Grandfather was a local Politician in the city where my Dad grew up. The very first time he ran for public office, my Grandmother and Grandfather were so sure he was going to win, they didn’t bother to vote. When the election results came in, my Great Grandfather lost by one vote. If my Grandparents had voted, he would have won by one vote. Voting is a privilege you get when you become eighteen years old. It is an important one that we should all use wisely. Thank you.

He didn't like it,
so wrote his own.
See,
I was helping him,
to do his own
Homework 
anyways!

This is,
I Really Like The Part Where I Say,
"There are 18 Measures on this year’s ballot and some of them will affect us immediately. For some of you, it will be Measure 56, which will increase the price you pay for cigarettes."
Jim Hauenstein,

And,


“Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either. ” - Gore Vidal -


That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

If you are reading this on a
Cell Phone,
you will see a
Link
on the bottom of the page,
where it says;
View Web Version.
Click on that Link to truly get the full benefit of my
Blog.
You will just have to expand the page to be able to read it on a cellphone.


Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment