About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Conundrum

I have a conundrum to figure out. 
It is not something as simple as right or left, 
or yes and no. 
It is about a commitment 
and how far I should go with it. 
I made a commitment over seventeen years ago, 
and I feel I still haven't fulfilled it. 
I'm not saying I haven't begun the project, 
seventeen years ago I did, 
it's just not the kind of thing you can complete over night, 
or ever. 
It takes time. 
it takes money, 
it takes patience, 
it takes a lifetime of commitment. 
I've had other commitments like this before, and as a whole, they have all turned out pretty good. 
So I guess I have little to fear, 
as far as this commitment goes. 
I feel I have to end my full attention to this project, 
or I could contaminate the results. 
Every Parent comes to this fork in the road, 
and I am standing in that road, 
wishing I didn't have to choose. 
But all birds must leave the nest. 
My daughter will be turning 18 years old on December eighteenth. 
I must let her go, 
because I love her, 
but I must let her know, 
I'll always be there for her, 
if she ever needs me. 
Go take on the World 
Murry J. Squirrel. 
Dad loves you. 

This is, 
Raising Seven Beautiful Children, 
Jim Hauenstein, 

And, 

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” 
- Albert Einstein - 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you are reading or don't like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I'll answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment