About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Memories Of My Child's Lemonade Stand

I was going over some of my old
Posts,
looking for ideas I could write about.
When I read my post
The Value Of Money.
I had to laugh.
I like this story so much that I want to
re-Post
it.
It's from
June 14th, 2015.
 *****
If you are an avid reader of my
Blog,
you know that when my children were little I tried to teach them the value of money.
If you're not,
please read the
Post;
"And The Pursuit Of Happiness!"
Then you will know.
*****
I wrote this email,
on my cell phone,
to my
Sister-in-Law
while on my morning walk.
So please excuse sentence structure,
spelling,
and all around grammar.

Hi,
  I'm on my walk right now so excuse any incorrect spellings.
  I was walking past a kid's corner lemonade stand and it reminded me of a time when Jamie set up a lemonade stand on her own. She did the whole thing on her own. Making the stand herself and mixing up the lemonade. She was around 9 years old at the time I believe.

When I came home from work, I saw the sign she had made and it read "Lemonade, One Glass $10."
   I asked Jamie, "How do you think you'll be able to sell lemonade at that price?"
  She told me, "I only need to sell one. That's it."
  So I bought a glass for $10 and she ran off to her friends, smiling the biggest smile.
   After she had left, I noticed that I had just paid $10 for lemonade I already owned and that she had left everything in the front yard for me to clean up!
   Now that's Business Savvy!


At least I know one of my kids understands what the value of money is
and how to manipulate her
Dad!
She can still do it to this day!
How to Build a Vintage Country Chic Lemonade Stand — Philip Miller Furniture
This is,
No,
I Have Not Purchased Land On The Moon Yet!
Jim Hauenstein,
 
And
 
“While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.”
- Groucho Marx -
 
 That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!
 
 
I am really surprised that no one has commented on my post It Is Fun To Find Money. I guess nobody has tried it and found any cash! If you didn't get anything try doing it for your friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment