About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

It Could Happen To Anyone

Like I said,
it could happen to you too!
My youngest daughter has started looking up recipes on the internet
and cooking them for our evening dinner.
The first dish she came up with was
Quiche.
Her recipe called for bacon,
onions,
and parmesan cheese.
I ate most of it because it was so good
and I am afraid I might be loosing weight during this pandemic.
Her next haute cuisine which tickled my taste buds was
French Onion Soup.
The only secret ingredient in this recipe is dry white wine.
I wanted the whole bottle poured into the soup but of course I was voted down.
So then I thought I would throw my cooking skills into the mix.
Since I haven't had it in such a long time I thought I would make
Meatloaf.
A tradition at my household while growing up.
My daughter found a simple recipe for me,
because she ate my cooking growing up,
and I went at it.
I followed the recipe but made just one alteration.
It called for one and one half pounds of hamburger.
What am I going to do with a half pound?
So I put two pounds in.
I already had a 5 by 9 inch bread pan so I mixed all the ingredients together
and put it in my pan.
Set my oven at 350 degrees
and waited one hour.
You know why the recipe only called for a pound and a half?
Because when hamburger is cooking it makes grease!
Now,
right now,
I have to go
and clean the oven.
 
This is,
No I Did Not Make The Vegetables, Gravy, Or Mashed Potatoes By Scratch
Jim Hauenstein
 
And,
 
“An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it makes a better soup.”
- H.L. Mencken -
 
 That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment