About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, March 22, 2021

What Is Haiku?

"What is Haiku?"
That is a very good question.
Haiku is a Very Short Form of Japanese Poetry.
from Wikipedia 
"It is typically characterized by three qualities. The essence of haiku is "cutting" (kiru). This is often represented by the juxtaposition of two images or ideas and a kireji ("cutting word") between them, a kind of verbal punctuation mark which signals the moment of separation and colors the manner in which the juxtaposed elements are related. Traditional haiku consist of 17 on (also known as morae though often loosely translated as "syllables"), in three phrases of 5, 7, and 5 on respectively. A kigo (seasonal reference), usually drawn from a saijiki, an extensive but defined list of such words. In Japanese, haiku are traditionally printed in a single vertical line while haiku in English often appear in three lines to parallel the three phrases of Japanese haiku."
I Apologies
私の謝罪
For Sunday's Absentia
日曜日の不在のため
A Writer Should Write
作家が書く必要があります。

There you have my apology for missing a day of writing on this
Blog
Sunday,
in the form of
Haiku.
It just doesn't translate very well in
English.
*****
Here is my attempt at it but it is probably too long.
 
A rose petal breaks away
Fluttering on a slight breeze
Absorbing the red hue
From the sun
So it's beauty
I can see
 
*****
 
Do you like looking up to the skies at night as much as I do,
looking into the beautiful
Milky Way,
but the weather gets in your way?
Check out,
Sky Vistas
Astrophotography by Gerald Rhemann
Quote from the photographer. "Astrophotography is the art of photographing the sky above, bringing faint objects of the cosmos to life, and showing just how beautiful our universe is. Apart from imaging the universe there is also a scientific reason why I do this."
Here are just a few of his wonderful work.
Fox Fur Nebula

Comet C/2013X1 Panstarrs
 NGC 7293 Helix Nebula Constellation Aquarius
 
Now,
aren't you happy I answered those
Questions
you didn't know you wanted to ask!

This is,
I'm Still Not Sure If I Understand How To Write 
Haiku Yet
But I Like It
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“What a strange thing! To be alive, beneath cherry blossoms.”
- Kobayashi Issa, -
 
 That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment