About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

It Is Fun To Find Money

Remember my post called
Well,
I have some more party favorites you can try.
This one might even find you some money.
And we all can use as much money as we can find.
What am I talking about?
I'm talking about
"Unclaimed Property." 
The word property here means money,
not real estate.
Who is holding this money?
State Governments.
Or they have been informed by a business that they can't find you, so they are holding your money for ten years until they have to give it to the state by law. Why do businesses say they can't find you after you have been living in the same place for twenty years?
Because they can use your money until the law says they have to fork it over. Just like when banks tell you,
after you cash a check,
that you have to wait
24 To 36 Hours
before the funds are available.
Knowing quite well that the funds are available instantaneous with today's computers.
But your bank gets interest from the
if they hold onto your money for a day
or two.
Enough politics.
I recently checked
CLAIM YOUR MONEY? CALIFORNIA UNCLAIMED PROPERTY - YouTube
 I found over $1,500 dollars coming to me from an escrow company
and it was dated from 2004.
I haven't checked the website for over ten years which is,
in hindsight,
a mistake on my part.
Every state has a
Unclaimed Property
website.
even claims they are holding over
$3 Billion Dollars
of unclaimed property.
Here are some others.
and
Remember,
it was your money in the first place so don't let them keep it!
*****
One trick to remember.
Each state asks you to narrow your search by putting your middle name down.
Don't!
Businesses who have your money don't care about middle names
and you will get more results this way.
 
This is,
I Still Have To Wait Six Weeks Until I Get My Money
Jim Hauenstein
 
And,
 
“Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.”
- Epictetus -
 
 That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment