About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Saturday, August 18, 2018

What Have I Been Saying?

What have I been saying,
from the start,
of writing this
Blog?
Any
Computer
or
Computer System
can be hacked
and will be hacked,
given enough time.
Conspiracy Theorists
believe the
internal control system was hacked.
have to stay off line,
while not in use,
because they are so easy to hack.
And I could go on
and on.
So I will.
The 2018 midterm elections have been racked with concerns that state voting systems could be vulnerable to attacks by highly skilled Russian intelligence agencies looking to alter poll results. But over the weekend, participants in a hacking conference proved that those interested in shaping the history of American democracy don’t need the backing of an authoritarian government to wreak havoc. An 11-year-old boy changed fake voting results by hacking into an exact replica of Florida’s state election website in just 10 minutes, according to the organizers of DEF CON 26, an annual hacker convention. The participants also discovered more vulnerabilities in the system where citizens directly cast their votes. The kids were able to wipe the memory cards from a recreation of state voting machine interfaces (within five seconds) and either replace a voter’s ballot altogether or overload the system with fake voters to render a real voter’s ballot useless.

This is,
Wondering How Long It Will Before Someone Can
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time-rich and cash-poor.”
- Cory Doctorow, -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment