About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, July 18, 2016

Pokemon At The Duck Pond

If you have been driving past your favorite Park
or sandlot lately,
you might have noticed something unusual.
Large groups of people,
carelessly staring at their cellphones,
while taking a walk.
No,
their cellphones are not turning these people into
Zombies.
These people are all playing the newest craze in
Game Apps.
It is called;
I,
myself started noticing the phenomena during my
Summer Vacation.
Even in my
Hometown
of
Temecula, California,
the
has hit the young
and old alike.
We have a nice
Park System
here in town.
Maybe not as glamorous as the
Midwest
or
East Coast
might have,
but we make do with what is here.
One of the nice little features of our 
Park System
is the
Duck Pond.
Where yes,
ducks swim around on the pond all day long,
waiting for someone like me,
to throw them a piece of bread as a free meal.
But yesterday was a first for me.
I reckon,
I saw at least one hundred people out in the
Park on Sunday!
And most of those people were doing the
Head-Down-Pokemon-Walk.
I'll admit,
my kids play it too,
and of course,
I had to take a
sneak-a-peak
at what the game is all about.
I hate to say this though,
but I might be a little too old to get any kind of enjoyment from the game.
Yet,
now that I think about it,
the demographics the creators were shooting for was probably not the
Sixty and Older
Crowd!

This is,
I Got One!
I Captured "Pidgeotto" Right In My Own Backyard!
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“That's not a religion, that's Pokemon.” - Stephen Colbert, -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.




"Some Career advice. A whore's life is five good years, five bad years, and then some half-dick sweat stain grinds you out like a cigarette!"
- From The Movie Fargo -

No comments:

Post a Comment