About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

102 Degrees - And I Am Not Talking About A Boy Band Here

It was a
High
of
102 Degrees
today,
in beautiful
Downtown Temecula.
Tomorrow,
it is expected to reach
102 Degrees
again.
The
Weather Forecast
for Friday says it is going to be a blistering
106 Degrees!
 Right now,
in Temecula,
at 8:30 at night,
it is a whopping,
but a comfortable whopping,
78 Degrees.
you ask?
I am not sure if
Global Warming
 is a fact
or fiction,
but there are a lot of smart people telling us it is true.
I am just a little skeptical about the accuracy of the equipment
and the people,
even 50 years ago,
keeping accurate records.
That was before anyone heard the buzzwords,
"Global Warming."
I have already started my personal campaign at home to teach the kids why it is so important to think about their future.
I do this by personally practicing some of the guidelines to
"Save Our Planet." 
I have changed over to
replaced my light bulbs to
ones,
turned off my
and a few of the other things that are listed on the
website.
Why use the
State of Washington's
webpage?
Well,
when I
Googled
my question,
they were the first site to pop up.
Way to go Washington.
Now back to my original thought process of why I brought up
Global Warming.
My
Grade School Science Teacher
talked on this subject back during the middle 1960's.
The way he told it was,
"In our future, the Planet Earth will become increasingly hotter. This is due to the fact, that our Planet is overdue for another Ice Age. And if we do the research about the climate before an Ice Age, we will find that the Earth gets hotter before it gets colder."
Well,
I am not sure if my
Science Teacher
knew much more than was explained to us in our
Science Books.
That is sort of what I mean about
Global Warming.
Would my
Science Teacher
today,
believe the
World
was about to
End
if he were alive today,
with the same type of
Knowledge
he had during the 
60's?
There are a lot of
Doom Sayers
in our everyday
Media
telling us daily that we are all going to die.
But,
if I can recycle that one can of soda I drank today,
maybe I'll be the one who can claim,
"I saved the World!"
Wait,
damn.
I left the can of pop,
out in the Park,
on a picnic table.
With that whole bag of non-fluorescent bulbs
and regular charcoal burning on the grill.
Oh,
and that plastic six pack holder,
where it keeps your soda together, so you won't loose any of it,
but is really bad for the fish?
I threw that in the river by my house
and snagged three nice
Perch
in those same holders.

This is,
Going To Clean Up My Act First And Then I Will Save The Planet,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“If we take all this actions and if it turns out not be true, we have reduced pollution and have better ways to live, the downside is very small. The other way around, and if we don’t act, and it turns out to be true, then we have betrayed future generations and we don’t have the right to do that.”
- Tony Blair -



That is my story and I am sticking to it!

 Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

If you are reading this on a
Cell-Phone,
you will see a
Link
on the bottom of the page,
after all the headlines of stories
where it says;
View Web Version.
To truly get the full benefit of my
Blog,
I suggest you view the web version.
You will just have to expand the page to be able to read it.


Thanks Again.

P.S. Before any Annotators want to rant about my little humor on the end of this Post, I already know that "Global Warming" is no laughing matter. But my Blog is not going to rally the troops behind this cause, if they are not behind the cause already. I am conscious about the facts of Global Warming and I try to do as much as I possibly can daily. If you don't believe me? Ask any gas station attendant in your local neighborhood and ask them if they ever saw me, going through their trash on Sunday morning, looking for aluminum cans. That's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment