About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Obsession

Is it an Obsession or an Addiction? “Kiss me twice, I am schizophrenic .. Kiss me ten times, I am obsessive!” -  مد عمارة
Growing up,
I knew I had an addictive personality.
I'm not going to say I am some kind of Genius,
because I knew at the age of nine,
that the things I liked in life,
I would obsess over.
But,
like all my
Obsessions 
or
Addictions
when I was younger
the only cure for them,
was to get another one.
At the age of nine I awoke one morning
and decided I was no longer going to eat Ketchup.
That may sound like something foolish,
for a child to feel he is addicted to ketchup,
but where I come from,
ketchup went on eggs,
hot dogs,
sandwiches,
fried chicken,
steak,
and even to thicken up tomato soup.
I gave up ketchup for the next five years.
I use Ketchup today,
but my thinking back then,
at the age of fourteen was,
I could beat any addiction I came across in life.
"I am obsessed with not being obsessed with acquiring material things." - Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
I know,
you hear the word
"Addiction"
and you start thinking about
"Drugs & Alcohol."
I quit smoking pot in the early 1990s
and quite drinking in the early 2000s.
But it took until my
"Retirement,"
for my Addiction or Obsession to own everything I liked,
to become relevant.
 “Once you start recognizing your own obsessions, you know you’re getting old.” - Jeanette Winterson.
When VHS Tape Recorders came out I had to buy every
Disney Movie
possible for my kids.
When DVDs came out,
I proceeded to do the same thing.
I've been buying Paperback Books since High School,
thinking that I have a
Library,
where I can fall back to,
for Literary Reference.
Well,
that's what I told myself.
But,
I was Obsessed with owning these things.
I'm only going to use these two examples,
but there has been many more.
Like buying the Playboy Magazine for fifteen years.
Now I go to the Library to find a good Book to read
or a Book on CD to listen to.
If I really feel the need to own some reading material,
I'll just buy it on my
"Nook"
reader and back it up on my computer.
As far as Disney Movies & Shows,
every Star Trek Movie & TV Series,
and all the Doctor Who TV Shows I used to collect,
I can see any of these on Hulu Plus,
Netflix,
Amazon Instant Video,
Red Box,
and Popcorn.
I can get my Anime fix from
Funimation & Crunchyroll.
I'm sorry if I haven't mentioned all the
Internet Video Streaming Websites out there,
because there are thousands of them.
These are the ones I pay for,
to watch what I want,
when I want,
and don't have to throw out books
when they get wet & moldy,
toss VHS Tapes that have been demagnetized,
crack in two DVDs that have been scratched to death,
with all the other
Obsessions
that I was
Addicted
to that took up all the room in the house.
Because my Kid's
and my Grand Kid's possessions is my
Obsession & Addiction 
today.

This is,
The Diary Or Blog Writing,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“This diary is my kief, hashish and opium pipe. This is my drug and my vice.”
- Anaïs Nin -

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you read, or don't like what you see,
become a Follower, leave a Comment,
set up my Blog as your Homepage,
and I'll answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment