About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Good News

Looking over my last Post,
any new reader would think I am whining,
maybe giving up because I missed writing one day,
but like most people in life,
I have my ups and downs too!
The thing is,
I don't like to be down.
It's such a downer.
A bummer.
Does anyone say that anymore?
I don't like feeling low
or down because those feelings can perpetuate themselves into your everyday life.
Because,
two good things could happen to you,
with only one bad,
and you could be miserable the rest of the day.
I have forced my brain,
over time,
to turn things around after a fall,
and be positive.
Take my rejection email I got about my story,
that I talked about in yesterday's Post.
If I would have let it effect me,
past writing the Post,
I could have become more miserable when an opportunity came later in the day to buy a
Classic Cadillac DeVille.
I told my friend,
who called on behalf of a friend of his,
that I didn't have the money at this time,
I could then have become gloomier,
missing an opportunity like that.
Instead,
since I believe in Karma,
I told myself,
timing is everything and things happen for a reason,
and went on with the rest of my day,
happy.
Karma came around later in the day,
Karma is a Woman in my World,
and slapped me silly when I got a call from my buddy saying he bought the car on my behalf.
The clincher,
I can make a couple of payments to pay him back.
So Karma,
YOU ARE SUCH A "B" Word.
"Babe."
What did you think I was going to say?
Oh,
get your mind out of the gutter.
So,
to make this long story short,
right after I wrote my last Post,
I didn't let the rejection effect me,
I sent in another story to another Contest!
Wish me luck.

This is,
The Chipper,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"
- Rocky Balboa -

One of the best motivational speeches ever written.
I wish I had written it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you read, or don't like what you see,
sign up as a Follower, leave a Comment,
set up my Blog as your Homepage,
and I'll answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment