About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Why Should I Die? Chapter 2



   “If you haven't already, please everyone start your cerebral temporal lobe recorders,” Van Hause commands. “You are all going to enjoy what I have to say today.”
   The usual moans and groans come from the group of members who can't wait for the C.E.O. to die. Silence is heard, if it could be heard, from the neutral group of Trustees. While the rest, clear their throats with a barely audible sound of, “a little respect please,” which rounds out the noise from the members who always suck up to the Chairman each time one of these in person meetings are called.
   The most agitated member, Charles Paley asks, “Why couldn't a Mental Vision Meeting be called instead of this indignation of us being dragged out of our serenity of privacy? Does not the law clearly state, no more human contact between the surviving ruling class? Are we not in danger, of pathogens, viruses, and even germ infection? Do you not care?”
   “Enough!” Bellows the Chairman. “Before I have you disassembled before us all by nanobots!”
   “Sir, by your own laws, that would illegal,” interjects Peter quickly, while rising to his feet. “I'm sure Mr. Paley must be tired and his mind has not focused yet.”
   Quietly, Peter adds, “Please continue Mister Chairman, we are all very concerned about being called to a meeting so abruptly. Is there some crisis in the World that this Corporation could be in jeopardy?”
   The one hundred eighty-eight-year-old C.E.O. and Chairman of the Board still sat there fuming, thinking. Cooling off slowly. After all he has done in his life, good or bad, he still can't control the thoughts and voices of his distractors. But he will have the last laugh on these genetically orphaned born fools. Yes, he will.
   He knows what every person here wants from him. He can see it in their eyes. He can hear it in their words. Hear the rumors they spread. And he has enough spy-bots out in the World that he can hear them all whisper, even in their sleep!
   The Chairman knows that throughout the History of mankind, no radical group of individuals will whisper quietly enough that no one will overhear their words. To be overheard is why you whisper in public in the first place, otherwise, you would have said nothing.

   He hears their whispers all the time. The same message over and over again. He knows they are all planning against him, even the Members who say they are on his side completely.
   All scheming behind his back.
   With every waking moment, they are maneuvering, deal making, manipulating, engineering to be his successor.
   Only his friend Peter and Miss Shelly show no signs of a power play for his throne!
   “Sorry my friend. If you truly knew how these gentlemen and gentlewomen thought of me behind my back in the darkness of their own thoughts, you might be inclined to protect yourself better if my reign stumbles here and falls to the wayside!”
   Peter stands again, astonished! “Sir, I am sure you are only guessing at what you believe, that they think of you. All may not agree with every policy you put forth, but that is what makes each member here an individual.”
   “Would you want only yes-men, agreeable to your every word?” The diplomatic Peter says. “If one does not have someone who questions his work, would you still strive to be the best? Yes-men say yes to any level of achievement, even when that achievement is sub-par.”
   “So I stand before you Mr. Chairman and in front of all the Board Members, saying that I am sure you are not giving credence to any of the rumors of illegal Nano-intelligence against the Royal Families!”
   Smirks outline the fattened lips of most of the Trustees, while turned up crow’s feet appear along the happier eyes of the group. They almost think in unison. “This could be it. We have him breaking his own laws!”
   Simultaneously, all the Board Members frantically start mentally clicking their individual brain implanted computing lawyers. Hoping to gather enough evidence, confession, and probable cause to take down the old man for good.

This is,
End Of Chapter Two Of,
Why Should I Die?
Jim Hauenstein,

And,


“If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be 'meetings.”
- Dave Barry -


That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Next Thursday expect the rewrite to
Chapter 3

No comments:

Post a Comment