About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

It Was A Dream



I have written here in the past that I get a lot of my inspiration,
for the stories I write,
from my dreams I have at night.
I guess the dream I had last night was about thanking my good friends whom I have known.

To Bob B., Bob H., Brian, Dave G., Dave K., Greg C., Greg P., Jack, Jeff K., Jeff P., Kelly, Mike D., Mike N., Mike W., Nels, Paul, Rick, Scott, Steve, Todd, and to a Host of girls who will not talk to me anymore.

  I was feeling nostalgic few days ago and was thinking about all of you.

  No, I am not dying or having some kind of strange man-crush on all of you because of my old age. I actually do think about you guys all the time and wish, as my original plan was, to have found my fame and fortune in California, so I could come and go as I please around this great country of ours. Meaning? So I could come and go often enough, to pester you guys.

  Instead, I had seven wonderful kids to look after and that is my true legacy to date.

  My recent travels to the land of beer steins and beautiful parks was consumed by a family I haven’t seen in over eight years. I wanted to visit with each and every one of you while I was there, but time got in my way. So I asked the local Indian Medicine Man how I could make time work for me. He told me, “The journey of the goat can climb only so high on the side of any mountain, then he reaches its peak. He must come down the mountain on occasion, so he can see how high he should climb the next time.”

  I guess I am the “Mountain Goat” and your guess is as good as mine what the rest of that meant.

  He did offer me a chance to take part in his tribe’s traditional meditation ceremony, traveling the astral plane in my animal skin, and see enlightenment to the path I am on. All it took was three tokes off the peace pipe filled with peyote.

  I am not advocating doing drugs. It’s just part of the Indian meditation ceremony.

  After chanting for I don’t know how long in a smoke filled tepee, I started having an out of body experience. I began flying above my body as a goat looking soul, seeing the top of my bald head.

  It only took a few seconds of coaching from my Indian Guide to show me how to control my flight. He said, “The Mountain Goat is sure footed. Plant your hooves among the stars and find a path that wasn’t filled with the same life stories as your own.”

  I wasn’t quite sure what that meant either, I was just having a lot of fun shooting through the stars.

  Soon, my guide stopped me, somewhere in the Crab Nebula, and asked me to chant with him once again. It was a different chant from before, and again, I must have taken part in the traditional pipe smoking, because I found myself, not of our World, but in a parallel World.

  I was a ghostly Goat standing above a scene at a funeral. You were all there. Dressed to the hilt, but I was in the coffin.

  All of you were talking about the fame and fortune that we had all reached together in that World. How we had a hit CD, with El     Salvador becoming a number one hit on the Alternative Music Charts. And how it was a short two year ride of fame because of my abuse of alcohol. We reached the highest peaks together, but I died alone there, since I never had time to have children.

  It was a somber moment to say the least.

  I asked my Guide to return me back home and he did.

  I may have been a dreamer, and I would say I still am, but I feel, I have been the luckiest person alive in this World to have known each and every one of you, and I still had time for a family too.

  My warning to you though. I coming back to Wisconsin in 2017. So watch your back, cause I’m coming back!


  P.S. John Belushi outlived me in that other World because he was the one giving the Eulogy!

This is,
Once Again,
Never Condoning The Use Of Any Drug,
It Was A Dream,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
- Elbert Hubbard -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment