About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

21st Century Way of Talking to the Dead

  It really wasn't my fault. 
So why, after all this time, am I still grieving?
Well, maybe not actually grieving per se. I'm just feeling guilty.
Over the death of my ex-girlfriend, Celeste.
It's that constant nagging thought, occupying the back of my mind. Its like it's eating away at my brain.
I think I'm becoming paranoid?
And I don't like it.
I did tell her that I loved her.
But I'm above all those petty feelings the average schmuck feels.
So why am I hurting inside? She died. That's it.
You see, even though I keep telling myself that it wasn't my fault, it still sits there, annoyingly. At the back of my mind. Like a wood boring worm creating a hole in the trunk of my brain.
I keep trying to convince my subconscious that it was inevitable. It was the only way our relationship could have ended.
So I'm asking you.
How can someone like me, a prodigy child preordained for greatness, ask for forgiveness from a girl I supposedly loved after she is dead?
Or, to put it simply, how can I find a way to ask Celeste to forgive me after I killed her?
Like I said before, it wasn't really my fault. Stupid girl. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I'm going to be the most prolific Serial Killer of all time and she was easy prey.
Someone has to be the first one.
I was practicing on her.
I just didn't imagine I would be feeling this guilty and for as long as I have been.
It probably has to do with it being my first. The remorse must be from the fact that she was my girlfriend and my first victim.
Yes, that has to be it.
I did know Celeste for a long time. We bonded at an early age, being neighbors and all. And I could always reveal to her any of my, let us say, peculiar train of thoughts on life and death itself.
Still, I shouldn’t be feeling guilty about what happened. It was ordain to happen.
She's gone and that's it.

Yet, I find myself looking over my shoulder all the time. Thinking that someone is following me. Or, is going to figure out what I've done by just looking at me.
Connecting those dots as they say, by the facial expressions I portray.
I?
I shouldn't be evolving into a freaking schizoid over this.
I've already gotten away with it!
Ha! That's right, I have.
On to something new.

Over the years, I'm sure you have either read all the Murder Mysteries you can stomach or watched a thousand or so of those Police Dramas on TV. Don't they just bore you to death?
These plots are always so basic.
I guess it satisfies the entertainment value for the average Joe. Yet some of them do mirror real life scenarios.
What I'm saying is, they show these bungling culprits stumble along the way until an obvious mistake is made and they end up in jail.
Some fool will go along and commit a crime thinking that he or she has out smarted the Police.
And for a while, maybe they have.
Then these imbeciles, believing they have gotten away with murder, start making obvious mistakes.
They lavishly start spending their inheritance before they even get it. Or try to collect on an insurance policy taken out on the victim just weeks before their death.
Oh, and my favorite, getting remarried before the dead spouse is laid to rest.
Of course they are eventually apprehended and imprisoned for the rest of their miserable lives. The only thing they could have hoped for, is the death penalty. Instead of weltering away in a penal institution.
These dolts are spoiling the reputations of all professional, who take their craft seriously.
Now and again, you might hear about an inept criminal getting away with murder, because the Police are as inept as he and have no clue who the perpetrator is.
But those cases are rarely publicized. You have to dig down deep to find the real stories.
The incompetent Police Department doesn't want Society to know what a false sense of hope they offer to their measly lives.
There are no Robin Hoods or Bonnie and Clydes, who steal from the rich and give to the poor. Fighting against the “Man.”
Its just plain old killers doing what comes naturally.
Killing!
Even with these trumped up statistics, about the rise in the conviction rate, that the lying Politicians love to show their constituents, Man is still killing Man.
And he will keep killing as long as there are people like me.

I was surprised to see how smoothly my first time was. As I had little time to plan for every detail that came up.
Still, in the end, I was cleared of all suspicion because of the stupidity of the local Police.
I even had someone in my corner.
The local trashy Newspaper vilified the Cops for investigating in the wrong direction. Away from, “The real Murderer or Murderers.”
That was their headline in the evening paper after a month long investigation went nowhere.
I'm not going to bore you now with the details of how I did it. That's not why I'm telling you my story.
Why I'm dying now.

Like I said, the worrying and the guilt were infesting my mind and damaging it.
Remorse kept popping up at the strangest times during the day. Always haunting me.
I'll be going along, with my normal afternoon, then something would trigger a memory of Celeste.
I'll start seeing her everywhere I go. Watching me from afar.
Eventually I'll look away for a moment or two, and when I look back, she'll be gone.
And I can relax again.
I had to find a way to get closure. Get over my guilt. Get over my first kill.
I needed to stop thinking about my deceased ex-girlfriend and start planning for my next ex-girlfriend.
I've been planning and dreaming of becoming the most notorious serial killer far too long to fall apart now.
Something had to be done.

It had been a little over six months since the burial. I figured by now I would be scouting out my next opportunity.
Like, where are the best locations for an abduction without raising any suspicions? How can I lure my prey away from her comfort zone and have her follow me on her own?
And where was I going to depose of the new body? Fun stuff like that.
Yet, all I could think about was Celeste. And the look on her face.
I still see her wide eyes facing me. Looking at me, everywhere I go.
  Maybe I should have started out with a stranger? But there are just too many variables to account for in that situation. I had to start out with someone familiar.
  That's when it hits me.
I was sending out quick notes from my computer, to family and friends, on how much I miss Celeste when I came across her e-mail address in my Contacts section.
I thought, what the Hell.
So I wrote a note to her, saying how sorry I was, and I sent it.
Low and behold, her e-mail was still opened.
No one had closed her account.
I didn't get that non-deliverable message from “Daemon!”
If you have sent as many e-mails as I have, you've seen the “Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently,” sent from the mailer daemon@whateverserver.com.
Why, I ask you, do they use the name of a deity, or demigod, to inform you that you have failed miserably, by not using the proper e-mail address is beyond me.
Is it supposed to scare you somehow? Or if you “fail permanently” too many times, does a demon come out of your computer and rip your face off?
  Well, after that first initial e-mail which I sent to Celeste, it became easier to whip up a little note to her each time I started feeling guilty. Thinking no one was going to read them anyways.
Besides, it was always easy to talk to Celeste when she was alive.
I could tell her anything and she never blinked an eye.
After a month of pouring out my soul to Celeste in these e-mails, things started moving along for me. I started feeling confident again. I had finally stopped worrying.
I was feeling so good about myself again, I started planning my next job.
I thought now would be the perfect time to go ahead with kill number two.
 
Looking back, the only thing I wish I hadn't done, my only regret, was asking Celeste through those e-mails, to forgive me. Then, of all this, would never have happened.
I realize now, I am no better than the morons I was complaining about earlier. I made a foolish mistake and it came back to bite me in the ass.
  I told her that I was ready to start anew. I was ready to go out in this gorgeous blue world of ours and take another person's soul away from them.
That's when I get the surprise of my life. Celeste answered me back!

The reply e-mail I got from her said;

Dear Mathew, If you go after another girl, I will come back and rip your heart out your chest! You know how jealous I can be.
Love Celeste.

  What a fool I've been. So stupid. I'm no better than your average schmuck!
I wanted closure so bad that I never imagined someone would think to read Celeste's e-mail messages after she was gone.
  Now I have to find out which one of her friends or family member is reading those e-mails.
Why haven't they called the Police? And are they going to blackmail me with the information they now have?
When I get my hands on them, they'll see the real me.
  I had to keep whomever it was, talking.
Maybe they'll slip up and expose themselves!
So I sent another email to Celeste.

Hi Celeste, It was quite a surprise to hear from you today. Let me tell you. Did you really have to threaten to come back from the dead and rip my heart out?
Love Mathew

Her reply.

Hello Mathew, I was your girlfriend and you killed me. Do you know how that can damage a relationship? I love you and I still love you. But I know your mind will never let your heart feel for me as mine feels for you. So all I want is your heart now. That’s all.
Love Celeste

This person is sick, I thought. So I sent another one.

Dear Celeste, Come on? You know I loved you. It was something I had to do. How long have you've known me? We were kids together growing up on the same street. We killed every insect, rodent, bird, cat and dog we could find together. Couldn't you tell what I had inside of me?
Mathew

She replied back, saying.

Dear Mathew, Love is blind. If anything, I thought we would continue doing those things together.
I Love You.
Celeste
P.S. Give me your heart.

My turn.

Celeste, You mean you would have killed with me?
Mathew

I waited, then.

Dearest Mathew, I could never have killed anyone but you! We should have died together. How romantic that would have been. Like Romeo and Juliet!
Love Celeste
P.S. Please give me your heart.

Reply.

Celeste, I have to think about what has been said between us tonight. I'll talk to you again via e-mail tomorrow, OK?
Good night.
Mathew

I was shocked by the instant reply. Like she was typing it while I was typing mine.

Mathew, give me your heart.
Love Celeste

  I had a lot to think about. This person was trying to play with my mind. I had to find out who it was and put a stop to it now.
Nobody messes with me or my head!
  So I waited until the late afternoon of the next day and sent this note.

Celeste, Why don't you come over to see me. We can have a drink together. I stole some beer from my Dad's liquor cabinet yesterday.
Love Matt

Again, she replied instantly.

Dear, Dearest Matthew, I have been scratching at the cover of my casket since that very day you sent your first e-mail. I finally broke a small hole in it last night where the dirt can fall threw. I hope you won't mind when I finally get out of here that my dress will be dirty, my finger nails won't be trimmed, my hair is a rats nest, and the worms won't stop going in and out of my body. But yes Dear. I can't wait to see you too, so I can have your heart!
Love always,
Celeste

Someone thinks this stuff is funny?
I sent a brief email.

Celeste, your digging yourself out of your grave?
Matt

An immediate reply.

Oh yes my Dear. Ever since you told me that you were sorry for killing me. I knew then that your heart was mine forever.
Love Celeste

I was mad. I lost my composure and sent.

Who the Hell is this? You think this is funny you bitch! Why don't you come over here so I can slit your throat like I did to Celeste!

Immediate return message.

Dearest Mathew, Don't use such awful language. I'm digging as fast as I can. I think I'll be able to crawl out of here by tonight. I'm hoping anyways. Then my love one, you can give me your heart, for all eternity.
I Love You.
See you soon.
Celeste

I angerly punched down the send symbol on my email account.

This is no longer funny. Who really is this? Or tell me something only I and Celeste would know so I know its her!

Her message came back before I had a chance to lift my finger off my mouse.

Dear Mathew, Remember how you used to like to call me your “Celestial Body” while we were making love? I must admit, I lost a lot of weight lately. I'm what you call, just dried up skin and bones. I hope that won't prevent you from giving me your love and your heart.
Love Celeste


Screw you Celeste!
Matt

I waited, but there was no reply.
I must admit, I was scared.
How can someone else know what my playful name was for Celeste? We promised to keep it our little secret.
It really can't be her, can it? There has to be an explanation for all of this.

  Wait a minute. What the hell is wrong with me. She had to tell her best friend from High School. You know how girls love to talk to each other. Explain their freakin' emotions to each other.
It has to be that Janeen Cary sending me these messages. I knew she always wanted me.
But why hasn't she gone to the Police.
She wants to hook up with me. That's it.
I can't wait to kill her!
I have to calm down. Not let her confuse me.
I need to think straight so I can make sure its Janeen writing these messages. Once I confirm that, I'll ask her to come over tonight. And she will. I know she will.
I need to put an end to this, once and for all.
  So I send my invitation.

I know who you really are. Your Janeen. Why play around like this girl. Come on over. That's why I got rid of Celeste. So you and I can get together. Why don't you come over now and we'll celebrate.
Matt

Immediate reply.

Mathew, You know how jealous I can get. I knew you had eyes for Janeen. But I won't let your heart get away from me this time. I love you. Your heart is mine!
Celeste

My reply.

Come on Janeen. Stop playing around. Just come on over and lets have some fun!
Matt

Immediately.

You cheating, lying, conniving dirt bag! I will see you now and I will have your heart. Its mine!
Celeste


So I'll talk to you soon girlfriend. You don't have to play around any longer. Its all good.
Matt


I will have your heart Mathew! I will!
Celeste

  Man, with Janeen trying to scare me like that, I forgot some of the basic searches Police use to locate computer criminals. Thank you Daemon that Janeen is using a web base e-mail server so its easy to find her IP address. Now that I have it, I type the number into the search engine on the web site www.lookupipaddresses.com. And poof! I have the latitude, 34° 31′ 48.00″ N, I have the longitude, 118° 6′ 12.60″ W, and when I type those into www.findanylocation.com, it gives me?
  What the Hell. Something's wrong. I did it again. And again.
This has got to be some kind of trick!
  Oh, that Janeen is good. Somehow she has rerouted her e-mails so the source code shows its coming from my computer. From my house!
I can't wait to kill her.
  I better send her another invitation to make sure she is coming over.


Hey Girl, its about time. I thought we were going to hook up? Where are you?
Matt

Immediate return reply.

Mathew, I'm outside your door.
Love Celeste

  Before I can reply, I hear her knocking at my door.
  I've got her I thought.
  I pulled out the same butcher's knife I used on Celeste, walk over to the door, raise the knife high into the air, and swung the door open as fast as I could.
  An ear piercing scream could be heard for miles. That's what brought you here.
The only problem is, the scream, it came from my mouth, not hers!
  Celeste was standing before me. Looking, just like she said she would look. Rats jumping down from inside her hair, dirty wrinkled dress, worms squirming out of an eye socket going into a cavity where her nose once was, and every conceivable type of maggot chewing away at her decaying flesh.
  “Hi Mathew,” said the rotting corpse of Celeste. “Daemon said I have to be home before morning. Can I have your heart now?”
  That's the last thing I remember before collapsing to the ground.
The searing pain in my chest is overbearing.
Can't you help me?

An ambulance medic says, “I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do for you. You've had a massive heart attack. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. Without a new heart.”
His voice trails off.

I close my eyes and all I can see is Celeste, putting her hands into my chest, trying to rip my heart out!
Why doesn't he stop her?


This is,
Enjoying Another Ghost Story,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.”

That is a story I wrote and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower
or leave a Comment.
I would love to hear from you.
 
Thanks For Reading
 
Be Kind To Everyone
 
I'll Be Seeing You
 

No comments:

Post a Comment