About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Friday, April 29, 2016

I agreed to never talk about Politics, Religion, Women, and Motorcycles.

I have been trying to keep quite about it.
I have been silent because I have my political views
and they might clash with yours.
I am trying to recruit people to this Blog,
not scare them off by pissing them off.
So I remember an old pack I made one day
and thought I should do the same here.
When I was in High School one of my best friends at the time,
Mark Watson
and I agreed to never talk about
Politics,
Religion,
Women,
and
Motorcycles.
The reason being,
we always got into some heated arguments over these subjects.
But I have to say something about the
who is running for their nomination to become
President of the United States.
What kind of bird is on his head?
Donald the Stump
has been in
the last week
and he has been hounded by protesters.
I have a friend who was in
yesterday
and told me he saw a lot of young people heading to the rally.
I feared it was the group they call the
which are prevalent in
But to my surprise,
a lot of them were like minded individuals as myself.

"Police in riot gear and on horseback pushed the crowd back and away from the venue. There were no major injuries and police did not use any force. Earlier in the evening, a half-dozen anti-Trump protesters taunted those waiting to get into the venue. Trump supporters surrounded one man who waved a Mexican flag and shouted "Build that wall! Build that wall!" — a reference to Trump's call to create a barrier between the United States and Mexico to stop illegal border crossings. Seven shirtless women wearing Bernie Sanders stickers over their breasts entered the square outside the amphitheater. They said they were protesting Trump's lack of engagement on issues of gender equality and women's rights."

And they struck again today.
"BURLINGAME, Calif. — Several hundred protesters opposing Donald Trump gathered Friday outside the hotel where he was scheduled to speak to Republicans, and some broke through a steel barricade and approached the venue's entrance. A dozen protesters linked arms to block the road in front of the hotel near San Francisco International Airport, but police had already closed it to traffic. Protesters also draped a large "Stop Hate" banner outside the hotel."

And I am glad to say it started earlier this week.
"Earlier this week, a Trump rally in nearby Anaheim turned contentious when his supporters and protesters clashed, and several people were hit by pepper spray. Trump was not present." By Gillian Flaccus and Amy Taxin for Associated Press on MSN News
 I remember another candidate from the 1970s who campaigned like
Donald Trump
does.
This candidate said he wasn't a
insider
and if he got elected he was going to make some big changes in that town.
He ran as a
The
Democrats
at the time had a majority in the
and a majority in the
When he became
President,
nobody would work with him because he pissed everyone off.
That was
President Jimmy Carter.
No
President
can do everything he promised when he ran for office.
Our
Government
doesn't work that way.
It takes a lot of cooperation between many branches of the
Government
to get things done.
We don't leave it all up to one person to make all the decisions.
That is why this is a
Great Nation
and why it takes so long to get things done.

This is,
Having A Funny Feeling That The Candidates Will Already Be Decided On Before The California Primary On June 7th,
Jim Hauenstein,

And, 

“Donald Trump comes closer than anyone else to being the archetype of the species; crossing genres, he exemplifies all the ways an asshole can capture our attention." - Geoffrey Nunberg -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment