About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Experimental Progressive Rock vs. Three Beer Drinking Buddies

OK,
now you have all done it.
I grew up in a wonderful small town called
That is the one railroad bridge in the city.
Let's get this straight right away,
South Milwaukee
does not mean the
South Side of Milwaukee.
It is a city all its own.
It had a small town feel to it when I was growing up there.
Everybody knew each other
and trusted one another.
I would get caught by the
Police
in the local park after curfew,
and whichever
Officer
it was,
they would always say,
"Go home Jim. You do not want me to haul you in and have to call your Parents, do you?" 
I would say,
respectfully,
"No sir. Thank you very much." 
And head directly home,
not wanting to push my good luck any further.
Yes,
it happened pretty often too.
They would always confiscated all the beer they found,
the 
Police
that is,
and have a year end beer party on behalf of all the kids in the neighborhood.
I could go pheasant hunting a few blocks from my house.
I could go fishing year round.
Yes,
people in
go ice fishing.
When I grew up,
the drinking age was eighteen years old.
There were plenty of bars to
Feed the Need,
as we used to say.
During that time is when I became a musician.
Maybe,
if I wasn't doing so much drinking I could have become a really good musician.
We'll never know.
But here is the beef!
I put out music videos on my
and one of the bars in
South Milwaukee
puts out
and who do you think gets more views?
Experimental Progressive Rock
against
Three Beer Drinking Buddies
trying to be funny.
Who has more viewership?
The
Three Drinking Buddies,
that's who!

This is,
Did You Notice I Put Up My YouTube Channel For You To Check It Out?
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Bars in the daytime are like women without makeup.” 
- Lady Snowblood -


That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment