About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Six Favorite Japanese - Non Hentai - Anime Series

I enjoyed talking about my passion for watching television programming from other countries yesterday. 
And in the title I mention one of my favorite Anime of all time. 
Maybe it is time I mention my six favorite 
Anime TV Series 
of all time! 
Of course, 
there are so many that I hardly seen the tip of the iceberg, 
but these six have been either meaningful for me, 
enjoyable, 
or interesting.
Remember,
these are only the TV series of these anime.

Number 6 on my list is a classic that I was able to watch with my kids when they were still young and I never had to worry about those inappropriate sexual scenes or innuendos so prevalent in most anime. 
Inuyasha
Number 5 is the short lived, as far as I know, but I liked its highly paced humor and the Japanese version of El Kabong with a guitar. I also liked the ending of each show when they would show the credits with someone driving a real moped.
Furi Kuri
(Pronounced Fooley Cooley)
Number 4 on the list was a wonderful find for me, where I could get into the characters and follow there life stories. I enjoyed the plot until the end of the series. Why Japanese Anime Artist like to leave their audience heartbroken at the end of a series by killing off the heroes, I'll never know. Still a favorite though.
Cowboy Bebop
Number 3 is another story which I could follow and become interested in the character's development. But these middle three favorites have one thing in common. After watching the series and committing oneself into the fate of the characters, again the Artists seem to believe that heartbreak is the way to end a series as they kill off the main characters. I really wanted these guys to live.
Samurai Champloo
Number 2 would have been my Number 1 but for one reason. I'll explain that in the next category. The main character and story line, in this series, has it all. The reluctant hero, who is oozing with morality, a love interest, and a supporting cast you like as well. Of course, the Artist did kill a main character after the audience began to love him, but that is the way of the anime I guess. One more thing. If I ever get the chance to dress up as a Cosplay Character, I would choose this guy because of how cool he is and what I consider the best name in Show Business, "Vash the Stampede!"
Trigun
Number 1 on my list is the one I mentioned yesterday. Good characters, good plot, and for me a happy ending. (TV series. I haven't seen all the movies yet.) Another reason it is my number one is because it is the only anime TV series which I bought. And that was when it was hard to find and at a whopping cost of 9,042.90 Japanese Yen!
Neon Genesis Evangelion
I should have some Honorable mentions here,
I know. 
But we all have our favorites
and we were all influenced at different times in our lives.
My favorites are from the early 2000s
and I am sure there was some good anime before my era 
and after!

This is,
Playing Vash The Stampede As I Write,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Believe it!” Naruto yelled.
- Masashi Kishimoto - 

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

"Because fighting cancer once would be too easy!"
Please give to the Michael Belcher cancer fund.
Let us Free Michael from this disease once and for all!

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment: