About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Green Comet Or Is It The Green Lantern

If you have not already,
dust off that old telescope you lost interest in years ago,
because the
Moon
always looks the same,
search out in the starry skies tonight for,
"Comet 252P/LINEAR (which) soars into predawn view this week." By J. Kelly Beatty, Senior Editor at Sky & Telescope.
Photo by Gerald Rhemann / www.astrostudio.at
Astronomers who scan the skies for returning comets are often disappointed. Sometimes these icy visitors from the fringes of our planetary system end up being much fainter than predicted. And sometimes the opposite happens. Comet LINEAR, now in Earth’s general vicinity, started brightening abruptly a few weeks ago and has become more than 100 times brighter than expected. Observers from the Southern Hemisphere have been able to glimpse the comet by eye, without any optical aid, from very dark skies. Now Comet LINEAR is moving rapidly northward into view from the Northern Hemisphere. You’ll need to be out at least 1½ hours before sunrise, in a location as free from light pollution as possible. The comet is moving between the distinctive constellations Sagittarius and Scorpius, located low in the southern part of the sky before dawn. Each morning the comet will be higher up with respect to the surrounding stars, as shown on the chart.
Diagram by Sky & Telescope
The planets Saturn and Mars are in this part of the sky as well. They and the bright star Antares will be the first things you notice, forming a distinctive triangle. The comet is climbing to the left of this trio. It will be roughly in line with Mars and Saturn on the morning of March 29th and along a line connecting Saturn and Antares on March 31st. But the comet is faint enough, especially though the moonlight, that you’ll need to use the chart to pinpoint the exact spot among the stars to examine. Photographs show that Comet LINEAR has a greenish color, caused by molecules of diatomic carbon (C2) that are fluorescing in sunlight. However, the green tint likely won’t be evident unless you view the comet through a telescope. LINEAR is an acronym for Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research, an MIT Lincoln Laboratory program funded by the U.S. Air Force and NASA.
I say,
get those telescopes out tonight
and follow the direction of this so called
Comet.
I am sure you will find,
like I see in my
Mind's Eye,
that this is really the
coming to save the
Earth
from some other
Comet Catastrophe!

This is,
Memorized By The Green Light,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

"I’m sorry. I thought that this was a dog fight. I was under the impression that the objective was to win."
- Hal Jordan/The Green Lantern -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Please help Michael Belcher beat his cancer by giving what you can to his GoFundMe page.
Thank you.

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment