About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Mime Your J-Walking

If you became
Mayor
of a city which had corrupt traffic cops
and a high fatality rate in traffic accidents,
what would you do to change the problem?
Replace the cops with mimes of course!
An Innovative Mayor transforms Bogota – ASPire
Aurelijus Rūtenis Antanas Mockus Šivickas
who went by the shorter name of
Antanas Mockus
became mayor of
from 1995 to 1997
and again in 2001 to 2003.
Both times replacing traffic cops with mimes to mock j-walkers
and crazy drivers.
Under his leadership traffic deaths dropped by over 50%!
I guess people started
"Miming Their Own Business."
 Or they were afraid the
Mimes
might
"Mock-Us."

This is,
See What I Did There?
I Used Antanas's Last Name To Make The Terrible Pun
Mock-Us
Jim Hauenstein

And,
 
"It wasn't all fun and games for Antanas. Before he became Mayor of Bogota he was President of the National University of Colombia and one time when he was speaking before the student body they started booing him so he pulled down his pants and mooned them!"
 
I Like This Guy.
 
“The difference between a politician and a statesman is that a politician thinks about the next election while the statesman think about the next generation.”
- James Freeman Clarke -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!

No comments:

Post a Comment