About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

My Valentine's Day Card

(The Music Video is at the bottom of this Post and the Poem is in the middle. Thanks for Reading.)

It is
Valentine's Day.
The day we celebrate love.
Rumor has it,
because no one knows for sure,
that a
Roman Catholic Priest
used to secretly marry
Roman Soldiers
when it was against the law.
It was believed that married soldiers would not fight as hard as unmarried soldiers because they worried too much about dying
and leaving their loved ones alone,
with no one to protect them.
Well,
the
Priest
was named
Valentine,
and after he was beheaded for disobeying
Roman Law,
he eventual became the
Patron Saint Of Lovers.
St. Valentine lost his head so we can send
Valentine's Day Cards
to our loved ones.
Isn't that sweet?
Well,
here is my
Valentine's Day Card
I wrote for my wife.
It was originally a song,
but I never recorded it with me singing it.
So it will always be a card for my
Wife.
I always thought love should flower,
a petal by a petal.
But when I look into your eyes,
I give you my heart and soul forever.

These few words say little,
 on how much I love you.
How can I explain?
You turn my grey skies so blue.

My message is clear.
Quick to heart,
and simple to see,
but I'm scared.
Thinking you might not feel
the same about me.

I always thought love should flower,
a petal by a petal.
But when I look into your eyes,
I give you my heart and soul forever.

But on this day I'm sure,
I don't sing these words in vain.
Because this,
this is the day,
that love has its reign.
This is,
Being Romantic On This Day For Lovers,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Valentine's Day is the poet's holiday.”
That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or Sign up as a Follower,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

And Now,
TwoBuckHowie with the Exact Change
performing
"Love Should Flower."
With Buka Biker singing.
(Stage Name)



No comments:

Post a Comment