About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Why Should I Die? Chapter 6



   The arrogance of these men and women can only be explained by the nano-forms their bots take in this battle of attrition! With seemingly endless reserves attacking endless reserves, each Trustee has his bots take the shape of some kind of weapon or soldier, as either defender or aggressor. The accompanying cascading light show highlights the winner of each battle.
   The World will soon know who rules them!
   The truth is, each nanobot could take on a nanobot of its own without anyone witnessing the victor because of their size. But what's the fun in that? The ego and the id of these individuals, have to be satisfied too. The spoils of victory in the Board Room, or the battlefield is no different to these people than the elation felt by the great generals of the past. Winners and losers alike. It’s the power you feel as multitudes of average citizens do as you wish!
   As in this case, throngs of nanobots at your beckon command, fighting side by side, so you can rule over the World.
   These Trustees feel a kinship between themselves and Commanders of the past. Like Alexander the Great, Philip II of Macedon, Caesar, Pompey, Wellington, Napoleon, Washington, Cornwallis, Eisenhower, Hitler, Dayan, Nasser, Schwarzkopf, Hussein, Yuan, Ticchi, Gouzoule, and Konheim.
   Those were some of the Military Leaders, when humanity rose up to either stop a Tyrant or side with him.
   Most recently, the only person willing to put the moniker of General before his name was Humberto Uhl. The only person to be publicly disintegrated by nanobots in a horrific painful display of power by Chairman Jonas Van House to squash any further revolts against him Worldwide.
   Humanity today has no invested interest in the revolt displayed by the Royal Families. To them, it's one Tyrant against many Tyrants. After the victor shows his image to everyone mentally and his colors light up the Corporate offices, they'll all go back to their labors as usual. To the lower class masses, life will not change. Life is only the playground for those few super Rich, and for today only, the World's children watching their fireworks display!
   “As I told you before Trustee Chang, I don't need to defeat you. I only need to hold you off until I'm done speaking here today!” Chairman Van Hause says.
   Once again, a serene Charles Paley speaks up, “Mr. Chairman, I'll ask my associates to please refrain from further interruptions, but I can understand his and everyone's concern by the aggression you have demonstrated with your Red Guard Nanobots!”
   “And if I lay down my arms, will all of you lay down yours?” Says a smiling Van Hause.
   “Sir, let me interject if I may.” Interrupts Peter. Then preaching to all in attendance he says, “What is happening outside these hallowed walls, will continue no matter what shallow promises are made here inside them. So let’s spend the time we have left listening to Chairman Van Hause. He has said that he would reveal to us today what his final goals in life will be. Hopefully, he will give us an idea of what to expect will change, if anything will change from our past, now that he is sending Nestor back in time!” Pauses for a moment, then adds, “Isn't that what we really want to hear!”
   At first, Jonas does not know what to make of Peter's statement; the time we have left. But his mental relay to his Nano-Guard shows no sign of Peter's Iris blue color bots within the attacking group of nano-armies. He relaxes his suspicion of his friend by saying, “Thank you Peter.”
   “There are many theories on time travel, from The Grandfather's Paradox, Novikov's Self Consistency Principle, Multiple Universes Hypothesis, to Summerville's Time Line Theory, and everything in between. I've read them all, and quite frankly I'm a businessman, not a Physicist! I do not understand the complexities involved in Time travel nor do I care! But we now know changing the Past does change the Future. No question.”
   Van Hause has everyone’s attention as he continues. “So which theory is the correct one you might be asking yourself? So you too can make time travel a priority within your manufacturing plants! So all of you can try to be the next Man or Woman to manipulate the past in your favor! Is it then the Multiple Universe Hypothesis that is correct? Or is it the Branching Universe Hypothesis the right answer? Or is there another Theory out there in Physics which explains why I'm here? I don't know. And I don't give a damn!”
   Peter and his Secretary are the only two people who stand up in the room, staring at Jonas. They can feel this is the moment. This is why they are all here!
   Outside the Chamber, there seems to be a last ditch effort by all the Trustee's Nanobots to break down the walls of the Board Room! They would have succeeded too if it wasn't for the Iris Blue light show demonstrating to the children of the World watching that a new defender has come to the aid of the Chairman!
   “I wasn't sure how to go about the change needed to reverse what Nestor has done until only yesterday. So my Wife and my Son can once again have the full life they deserve.”
   “I have had my turn. The one I've asked for. I have lived my life to the fullest. Filled with wonderful experiences! I have felt Love, Hate, Happiness, Sadness, Elation, Depression, everything in between, and everything else I would have missed out on if I would have died that day in May of 2018.”
   “But now I want my Wife and my Son to have their turn. To have the life they missed out on!”
   A dazzling glowing light radiates from the center of the Chairman's chest. He casts his robes aside revealing nostalgic looking clothing on his person. Blaring, ear-piercing sounds engulf the Board Room. The sphere of light expands until it only encircles Jonas Van Hause. He looks to his friend, Peter, who is smiling.
   The illumination surrounding Van Hause intensifies until it culminates in an explosion which throws all the Trustees out of their chairs and up against the walls.

 This is,
The End Of Chapter 6,
The Rewrite,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,


 

“Yeah, but what if you went back and killed your own grandfather?" He stared at me, baffled. "Why the fuck would you do that?”
- Stephen King, -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment