About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

My Sister And All Special Education Teachers Are Cool

On one of my recent walks with my second oldest daughter,
part of our conversation was about the time I was playing bass in different
Rock Bands
during the
1980s.
The subject of,
"What is my proudest moment as a musician,"
came up.
You would think it would be composing music good enough for all the
Bands
I was in,
that they would want to play them live.
Most people might think it was performing in front of an
Audience
of hundreds of people.
Or being on stage with other notable groups like,
and the
Groups famous in the
Midwest
during the 80s.
But I bet most would think it will be the old saying,
"Sex, Drugs, and the Rock N' Roll Lifestyle."
That part automatically comes from being a musician
and what I can remember of it,
it was a lot of fun.
The real truth is,
it had nothing to do with being in a band.
My
Sister,
who is a
Saint
in my eyes for the kind of work she does,
is a
"Special Education Teacher,"
and has always been one since the day she finished college.
If you don't know what a
Special Education Teacher
is,
the
Occupational Outlook Handbook
says,

"Special education teachers work with students who have a wide range of learning, mental, emotional, and physical disabilities. They adapt general education lessons and teach various subjects, such as reading, writing, and math, to students with mild and moderate disabilities."

 Well,
one day during class,
one male student,
who was definitely a
Punk Rocker,
with the
Piercings
and  
Spiked Haircut
and all,
started being argumentative to my
Sister
in an aggressive manner.
Knowing he was assigned to her class because of violent tendencies,
she had to figure out a way to reach him,
so he would be willing to learn.
Since I was in a band,
at the time,
called
Politics,
and we played songs by notable
Punk Bands
like the
my
Sister
told the student all about me
and how she would go to my shows to see me perform.
She even played recordings of the music I wrote in her class.
The
Punk Rock Student
saw my
Sister
in a whole new light after that
and actually thought she was cool.
She told me he became a better student because of it.
That my friends,
is actually my proudest moment of once being a musician.
Because of it,
I helped my
Sister,
and in an indirect way,
I helped one of her
Students!
This is,
My Sister And All Special Education Teachers Are Cool,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,
 
“When you study great teachers... you will learn much more from their caring and hard work than from their style.”
- William Glasser -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Those were the days my brother!!!! I loved being a punk rocker back then! I appreciate this special memory very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete