About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Giving To My Favorite Charity This Season

Tis the season to be jolly.
Fa la la la la,
la la,
la,
la!
We all know that
Christmas
is the most celebrated
Holiday
in
December.
We also know that the second most celebrated
Holiday
in
December
is
Hanukkah,
here in the
United States.
But did you know there are three other
Holidays 
celebrated in
December?
I believe a lot of us have heard about
Saint Nicholas Day,
and maybe some of us celebrate it.
"Saint Nicholas Day is a holiday that is celebrated throughout Europe, usually on December 6. In most countries, it is meant to honor the legend of Saint Nicholas, who was known as a giver of gifts. In countries like Belgium and the Netherlands, children leave their shoes by the fireplace on the night of December 5, and awake in the morning to find that Saint Nicholas has filled the shoes with small treats and toys. To celebrate Saint Nicholas Day, consider letting your children leave their own shoes by the fireplace, and see if Saint Nicholas visits. Or you can read stories about the legend of Saint Nicholas, or explore the different ways he is celebrated in different countries and cultures."

I like to point out another wonderful idea for celebration in
December,
Kwanzaa.

"Unlike Christmas and Hanukkah, Kwanzaa is not a religious holiday. It was developed in 1966 by Dr. Malauna Karenga as a way for African-Americans to connect with and celebrate their African roots. Kwanzaa is a seven-day celebration of Nguzo Saba, the seven principles of African family, community, and culture. Kwanzaa is celebrated from December 26 to January 1 through the lighting of a special menorah called a kinara. Often, homes are decorated with colorful African cloths of black, red, and green, and people sometimes dress in traditional African clothing. Children usually receive small gifts that are symbols of their African heritage. Visit The Official Kwanzaa Website to find more information about this holiday."


The third celebration of the month is called
Las Posadas.

"The Mexican holiday of Las Posadas is celebrated for nine days, from December 16 to 24. The posadas are re-enactments of the journey made by Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem, that take place each night at a different home within the community. Guests gather at a new neighborhood home each night, dressed as shepherds, angels, or even Mary and Joseph, and sing songs and ask for shelter. When the hosts open their home, there is a big party with traditional Mexican foods like ponche and bunuelos, and at the end of the night there is a pinata shaped like a Christmas star."

 I am sure there are many more celebrations around the
World
that I have never heard of.
If you know any,
let me know
and I will research them
and let other people know about them.

Tis the season to give
and help others.
So,
I was going to try to volunteer
and give my time to a worthy cause,
but I have been told my health issues might get in the way.
But if you are interested,
go to
They offer
Volunteer Trips
by
Region
or
Category,
for
Teenagers
to
50+.

This is,
Giving To My Favorite Charity This Season Until He Is Cured,
"Because Fighting Cancer Once Would Be Too Easy."
 Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.”
- Jack London -
That is my story and I am sticking to it!
Like what you are reading,
or do not like what you see.
Set up my Blog as your Homepage,
or sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment,
and I will answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment