About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Listening

I haven't always been like this.
I used to be a good listener.
I could listen to a song by a rock band,
say Dashboard Confessional,
and I could tell you what key they were in,
how many guitars were overdubbed to create the song,
and what chords were being played.
In my
"Middle Ages,"
the period of my life between
35 and 55 years old,
when I finally figure out how to talk
and listen to people properly,
I became a
"Salesman."
Making a pretty good living for my family
and I.
My problem today is,
it took only about one year to forget how to listen to people properly!
Now,
I want people to listen to me,
hearing what I have to say.
When someone speaks,
I always seem to anticipate what they are going to say
or what they are talking about before they finish
and interrupt.
If you know someone like this,
you know how annoying they can be.
This is what I have become,
that person.
I blame a number of changes in my life for losing the skill of
"Attentive Listening."
See the source image
If I had to pick one major reason why I lost the skill,
it would have to be impatience.
I am no longer patient with people when I would rather be doing something else,
like reading,
taking my nightly walks,
working on a new story,
or writing on my
Blog.
In life,
you must be able to take
"Constructive Criticism"
from the people you trust
and learn to grow as a human being.
This will bring happiness in your life when you work on the flaws you feel you have
and improve on them.
So,
starting today,
right after I'm bailed out of
Jail
for not getting out of my car
and assuming the position when the the
Sheriff
told me to,
I am going to relearn the skill of,
"Attentive Listening."
Because,
I am definitely sure,
that the
Judge
will not look too kindly on me during the
Arraignment,
when he asks me a question
and I say,
"What?"

This is,
I Do Have This Flaw,
But I Did Not Get Arrested,
I Am Just Trying To Be Funny,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“We have two ears and one mouth, so we should listen more than we say.” 
 That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Wow its actually the first time i heard someone saying that (listening) yes for all i know that's one key for any body's good relationship that they want to last.......

    ReplyDelete