About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, September 21, 2015

We Need A Man Like Teddy

Sometimes I look around
and all I can see is
Corporate Executives
stepping on the little guy,
gouging out profits from cutting employee's payrolls,
and continually taking yearly
Million Dollar Bonuses
even though the company they are at is faltering,
business wise.
Then I read a story where
Justice is Served as Sweet as a Peanut Butter Spread.
An ex-peanut company mogul may spend the rest of his life behind bars after a federal judge in Georgia on Monday sentenced him to 28 years for shipping tainted products that caused a deadly nationwide salmonella outbreak seven years ago. Stewart Parnell, the former Peanut Corporation of America owner, was convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, wire fraud and other crimes related the 2008 and 2009 outbreak that killed nine people, sickened more than 700 and prompted one of the largest food recalls in U.S. history. Two others involved with the now-bankrupt company also were sentenced to long prison terms. Monday's sentences are the first felony punishments for executives in a food-borne outbreak in 77 years, according to attorney Bill Marler, who represents several victims of Parnell's products. “It’s significant -- very significant," Marler said after the sentencing. "Even if [they] end up not spending much time in jail, the sentences send a strong message to executives." Four victims testified during the sentencing, including 7-year-old Jacob Hurley, who was 3 when he became seriously ill from crackers made with tainted peanut products. Also present was Lou Tousignant, whose 78-year-old father, Cliff, died after eating tainted peanut butter. Cliff Tousignant "was a Korean War vet with three Purple Hearts who lived in Minnesota. He got all shot up [in the war]," Marler said. "So he comes back and dies from eating peanut butter? There's something fundamentally wrong with that."
- Reported by Kim Bellware for The Huffington Post -
Tainted products from Parnell's Georgia processing plant led to the recall of approximately 4,000 processed foods, from crackers to pet food. Parnell's attorneys argued their client was a scapegoat. Jurors, who heard evidence of unsanitary conditions that included roaches, rodents, bird droppings and a leaky roof, were unconvinced. Email, lab and financial records showed that Parnell was aware of the conditions and wrote an email to a manager in 2007, saying: "Just ship it." In some cases, products were shipped the same day they were processed rather than held for lab tests, and records were faked to indicate the outgoing batches passed salmonella tests. Michael Parnell, the executive's brother, a food broker who provided companies like Kellogg's with peanut paste from Peanut Corporation of America, was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Mary Wilkerson, quality control manager at the Georgia-based factory, was sentenced to five years in prison.
It's almost like,
Teddy Roosevelt
was back in Office
and the Country was heading back
To The Land Of The Free,
and
Justice For All!

This is,
We Need Someone Like Theodore Roosevelt To Run For President,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
- Thomas Jefferson -

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you read, or don't like what you see,
sign up as a Follower, leave a Comment,
set up my Blog as your Homepage,
and I'll answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment