About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Wildfires

As usual,
this time of year always brings,
The California Wildfires.
Right now,
as I write this Post,
two California towns north of San Francisco,
Middletown & Cobb,
have been devastated by these
Wild Fires.
Thousands of residents have been evacuated from their homes,
and everyone living here in California should be prepared for the same.
As the population grows,
because of more children being born,
immigrates from other countries,
or people just moving to California from other states,
more land is needed to fulfill
The California Dream.
Everyone comes here for the hope of somehow having their dreams fulfilled for a better life then the one they already have.
California is Gold,
as they say.
If your dream is in Music,
Television,
Movies,
Sports,
Technology,
Business,
Inventing,
Medicine,
or being an Entrepreneur,
you come from all around the World to live here California.
Dreams are fulfilled here.
This is why we are encroaching further up the
Mountain Ranges
and the
Desert Sands
to build houses.
As we invade these areas,
we should be aware of the possibilities of natural disasters.
I can't quote how long it's been going on,
but in the
California Mountain Ranges,
wild fires have been going on for hundreds of years.
Maybe thousands.
It's a way for
Mother Nature
to replenish the nutrients in the soil.
"Many ecosystems, particularly prairie, savanna, chaparral and coniferous forests, have evolved with fire as a necessary contributor to habitat vitality and renewal. Many plant species in naturally fire-affected environments require fire to germinate, establish, or to reproduce." - Fire Ecology - Wikipedia.
We build houses in ares that have had
wildfires for centuries
and wonder why?
We build houses in the desert
and wonder why
it never rains?
I love California.
It gave me the riches I was seeking.
A family.
That is why I came here.
The California Dream.
So,
we will always be short of the annual rainfall
The Northwest United States
has,
and we will always have
Wildfires
every year.
It's the Cost of Living the California Dream.

This is,
The Richest Man I Can Be,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

"California, A State Of Mind."
- Jim Hauenstein, I thought of it first! -

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you read, or don't like what you see,
sign up as a Follower, leave a Comment,
set up my Blog as your Homepage,
and I'll answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment