About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Hazards Of Walking

I'm sweating right now. Not from the four miles I just walked, in the 87 degree, sunny California weather. It's from the confrontation I had with a neighborhood psycho. Every Sunday I extend how far I walk by a block or two. Last Sunday I decided to walk down a new cul-de-sac I've never been on before, adding two more blocks to my four miles. On Monday, as I was rounding the circle part of the cul-de-sac, someone I've never meet before started backing out of his driveway. The closer I got to his driveway the more he inched closer to the road. When I finally was in front of his driveway, I heard his engine rev up, and saw his truck coming at me faster then I thought was safe. I had to jump out of the way so I wouldn't get hit. You can imagine how my heart was racing. I was bent over, hands on both knees, trying to calm my breathing. I thought the guy probably didn't see me and was a careless driver by not looking where he was going when he backed up! Until I saw him drive by. He gave me the angriest look. Like it was my fault. As he drove off I thought, "what a jerk." I calmed myself down, and after awhile thought nothing more of it. Until today. I was circling the same cul-de-sac when the same pick-up, came down the street, this time, aiming it's front end right at me. I quickly moved onto someone's lawn when I heard and could smell the sidewall of a tire rubbing along the curb where I had been walking. Then this brute of a fellow sticks his head out the driver's side window and yells, "I thought I warned you off my street the other day. Sticking his head back inside the cab, he spins the truck around, heading back my way. I was sure the curb wasn't going to impede his driving this time. I reach down, picked up a decorative rock, lying between other rocks circling the base of a tree. It felt heavy. It was the size of a softball, I believe weighing in around four to five pounds. His speed kept increasing so I didn't have time to think. I threw the stone as if my life depended on it. I hit square in the middle of the windshield, causing spider web cracks all through the glass, blocking the driver's vision. He stuck his head out the driver's side window again, never taking his foot off the accelerator. In doing so, by looking out the window, he steered the vehicle slightly to it's right, hitting a telephone poll. The air bag deployed, pinning the driver's head out the window, snapping the back of his neck on the truck's frame, knocking him out cold. Then, after realizing it was all over, I continued on my evening walk. It felt like a scene out of the movie, "Gangs of New York!"

This is,
I Made The Whole Story Up On My Walk Today,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Every story needs to be worth telling.”
- Vera Narzarian -

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you read, or don't like what you see,
sign up as a Follower, leave a Comment,
set up my Blog as your Homepage,
and I'll answer you in a Post.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment