About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Friday, September 16, 2016

Time To Rock The Vote

Every
Hero
has
His
or
Hers
Adversary,
Antagonist,
and
Rival.
And since mine,
the notorious - "The Jeff,"
is taking time to make;
The News As We See It - "The Movie,"
I feel it is time for some motivational reasons why you need to get out there this
November
and
Vote!
Let's have a little
History Lesson
first.
Our
Founding Fathers
feared,
since there were so many
Loyalists
still hanging around the
New Country
after our
Independence
from
England
and that the average
Fellow
walking down the street wasn't
Politically Savvy
enough to know who the
Candidates
were.
Instead of giving the
Citizens
the right to vote for the
President
directly,
we as voters,
vote for
The
People
who actually do vote for the
President.
So what you say?
They have to vote the way we want them to after we cast our vote on election day?
Only 26 out of the 50 States,
under
have made it so where
The Electoral College Voters
have to vote the way the majority in their
State
have voted.
is not one of them.
In 2008,
one
Electoral College Voter
from
Minnesota
was too inebriated to remember who to vote for,
that he wrote down
Joe Biden's Name 
for
President,
plus,
he spelt it wrong.
The second part of our little tale is,
the
Founding Fathers
didn't give everyone the right to vote either.
Only Land Owners!
Eventually,
after years of
Political Maneuvering,
all
White Males
were given the right to vote.
Then all
Black Males
were given the right to vote,
but that is when the infamous
and another dark chapter in our history occurred.
The
Jim Crow Laws
were introduced.
Once again making it almost impossible for most
Black Men
to vote.
You have all heard about the
Women's Suffragette Movement
which finally gave them the right to vote.
It took from
1905 Until 1910 
for that to come about.
That is
134 Years
after the
War of Independence!
Worst yet.
It wasn't until
in the middle
1960's,
to put an end to most of those
Jim Crow Laws,
that we now have almost all
Black People
voting today.
1960's!
These changes,
though they took all long time to come about,
happened because of a
Cultural Change
in our
Society
where we finally saw the
Injustice Being Done
in our
Country.
But it took the
Vote
from the
People
who already had that
Right
to make these changes happen!
So,
you say you want a better life for your
Children?
Your
Vote
this coming
November
will have a say in their future!

This is,
Saying This Is Still The Greatest Country In The World,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand.”
- Susan B. Anthony -

“The happiest people I have known have been those who gave themselves no concern about their own souls, but did their uttermost to mitigate the miseries of others.”
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton -

 “Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave.”
- Frederick Douglass -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

If you are reading this on a
Cell-Phone,
you will see a
Link
on the bottom of the page,
where it says;
View Web Version.
Click on that Link to truly get the full benefit of my
Blog.
You will just have to expand the page to be able to read it on a cellphone.


Thanks again.

   
Continuing with my topic from Tuesday & Wednesday of this week.
I not only preach that tagging is an art form,
and that we should find the landscape for these artists to display their art,
I know one Tagger personally,
and I let him use my back yard as his canvas!


 

1 comment:

  1. You were under the impression
    That when you were walking forward
    You'd end up further onward
    But things ain't quite that simple.

    ReplyDelete