About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Friday, May 29, 2015

Thank You To The Military & To Stater Brothers

You might be wondering,
what does the
Military
and the
Stater Brothers Groceries
have in common,
that I would want to thank them in one Post?
My grandson.
On
Memorial Day,
my grandson
and I were jumping on the trampoline in my backyard.
Well,
I was sitting,
he was jumping.
When we saw two
Marine Gunship Helicopters
flying over the mountain ridge.
I am not a good judge of distances,
when it comes to airplanes,
or helicopters in the sky,
but they had to be close enough to see us on the ground.
I told my grandson to wave to them,
because it was
Memorial Day,
the day to celebrate past
Military Heroes.
He waved vigorously,
like a five year old will do,
lo & behold,
those
Marine Helicopters
turned,
and flew directly over our house,
doing a complete circle,
before heading back in the same direction as before.
Of course,
when they were overhead,
I was so proud,
that I started waving just as vigorously as my grandson.
Thank you
Twenty-Nine Palms & Camp Pendleton Marines Corp
for once again being true
American Heroes.
About three
or four weeks ago,
just before the new
Avengers
movie came out,
Pepsi
set up a display at
Stater Brothers Market
in
Temecula, California
featuring cardboard cutouts of
Iron Man,
Thor,
Captain America,
and my favorite,
The Hulk.
I immediately went to customer service
and asked if I could have the display after the promotion was over.
The
Assistant Manager
agreed,
taking my name
and phone number.
Last
Tuesday
I got the call to pick up my
Super Heroes.
Not as
Super
as the
Marines,
but still
Super Cool
for my grandson.
This week has really been a treat for my grandson
and myself.
Image result for stater brothers
Thank you to
Stater Brothers
and the
Marines Corp.

I'm coming out of the closet here,
but,
I was way ahead of the curve when computers came out.
I took typing in
High School
in anticipation.
I've been a
Whovian
since 1975.
I listen to
Trock
music.
I went to
Rocky Horror Picture Show
in 1976.
I always read
Sci-Fi.
I wore a
Bow Tie
in the
Nineteen-Eighties.
I still buy
Graphic Novels,
but not as often as I like.
I watch
Anime.
I love to go to the
Block Buster Super Hero Movies.
And I love that I can do these things with my
Grandson.
Yes,
I am a
Geeky Nerd!
The only problem is,
I have twelve
Grandchildren,
but only one who lives near me.
I wish I could do these things with all of them!
Even my
Grandchildren
in the
Philippines.
I love you
Grand-Dudes & Grand-Dudettes!

This is,
Celebrating What A Wonderful Life This Is,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Till the time Mother Nature takes away what she had bestowed upon us for free - this wonderful gift, of life. Value it, while you have it.”
- Fakeer Ishavardas

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jim that's awesome that the universe is heeding to your calls! I wish I was there on Memorial Day so Adam and Jenna could have seen those jets as they are always looking up at planes in the sky even when they aren't in sight! Loved this story ...!

    ReplyDelete