About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Pack 220

I thinking about the days when I was in the
 and
back home,
in
South Milwaukee,
Wisconsin.
I actually enjoyed being a
Cub Scout
more than a
Boy Scout.
The reason I believe that I liked the
Cub Scouts
so much is because my
Mom
was the
Den Mother
of our group.
The only real story I can still remember of those days is when our troop went on a field trip to the
This was during the early 1960s
and the reason we were going to the
Port
was to take a tour of a
World War 2
era
U.S. Navy Submarine.
See the source image
Yes,
they still had submarines stationed in the
during this time because at first,
our
Government
was afraid of
German U-Boats
infiltrating these waters during
and after
WW2.
Then,
afterwards,
it was the
with
Russia.
I guess the
Military
thought that during the
Cold War
that
Russia
would attack
Canada
first,
then come down from the
North
and take over the
Great Lake Region.
I'm not sure,
its just my speculation.
While our troop of
Cub Scouts
was touring the
Submarine,
and let me tell you,
there was barely enough room for us kids to move around,
the
Lines
or
Hawsers
mooring the
Submarine
to the pier somehow unraveled
and the ship floated away from the dock.
Since there wasn't a full crew to run the ship back,
the
Navy Lieutenant
giving the tour had to radio in to the
Port Authorities
for a
Tug Boat.
We were all kept down inside the ship until we docked because our
Den Mother
thought we might fall over board
and drown.
But still,
it was an adventure of a lifetime for an eight
or nine year old,
and I had plenty of tales to tell my fellow students when I went back to school on
Monday Morning!

This is,
Life,
It Is Always An Adventure,
Live It,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,
 
 “Be Prepared” - Robert Baden-Powell -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!

No comments:

Post a Comment