About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, July 30, 2018

Athletes Do Not Go To War

On
February 11th, 2016
I wrote a
Post
about two completely different subjects,
from one another.
It was a
Thursday Night,
so I was probably watching
on
TV
and heard some
Athlete
spout off how important the
Game
coming up was.
I still believe what I wrote that day in my
Post
But,
I should have written two different stories,
about two different subjects.

*****

"We choose to go to the Moon! ...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win!"
Even though I was five years old when
said those famous words,
they are burned into my memory banks,
because as a family,
we all sat around our little black
and white
TV
and watched his historic speech.
I am going to go off track for a moment here,
because of the word
Historic.
I'm sick
and tired of hearing
Musicians,
Actors,
and especially
Athletes
tell the
World
that what they are doing is
Historic
Or,
like
Athletes
like to say,
where a game they play for money,
that they will be going into
"Battle,"
and it will be a
"War"
out there between two teams.
Movies,
Music,
and
Sports
is entertainment events only.
Not
Historic,
a
Battle,
 or a
War.
The
Men & Women
who serve their
Country,
whichever
Country
that may be in this
World,
are the true
Heroes
in life.
They go into
Real Battles.
Where people get hurt
or are killed!
Real major events,
that touch everyone.
These events shape our
World,
and these events are
Historic!
Nothing else.
I was going to use this idea in a story about an alternative universe
type of story,
but I believe this would be an excellent time to make my point with
this idea.
Instead of having our kids trading
Basketball Cards,
Football Cards,
and
Baseball Cards,
pretending those folks on these cards are heroes,
we should start a trading card business which offer
True Decorated Heroes
of famous battles.
True War Heroes.
A set of cards depicting all the
Great Scientists
over the years
and all the winners of the
That is what we should be telling are kids are the true heroes in life.
Like
Martin Luther King Jr.,
Nelson Mandela,
Mother Teresa,
Albert Einstein,
Aristotle,
Confucius,
and I could go on
and on about people who should be honored,
and they are not.
OK,
I really went off track here because that pet peeve of mine has been eating away at my brain for sometime.
The story I started
and what I wanted to tell you about is
release of
14 Tourism Posters.
They are already enticing the public to save their money,
so that in the future,
we will all be taking vacations out into
Space.
You can download all them for free
and not worry about copyright laws.
On their
 website.


This is,
Hoping I Live Long Enough To Make It To Mars,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

"Peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold." 
- Martin Luther King Jr. -

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

If you are reading this on a
Cell-Phone,
below this story you will see a
Link
where it says;
View Web Version.
To truly get the full benefit of my
Blog,
I suggest you view the web version.
You will just have to expand the page to be able to read it.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment