About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

This Is What I Truly Believe

Whoa!
Let me say that again with the emphasis that is needed to express how I really feel.
Whoa!
I came as close as ever,
to touching the
River Styx
as anytime in my life.
Twenty years ago I
Flatlined
and I have the medical records to prove it.
This time,
it wasn't so much as I was fighting the disease to stay alive,
I kind of knew I would win that battle,
this time it was when I was recuperating.
I could feel my
Consciousness,
Life Force,
or
Soul
trying to leave my body.
My
Humanity.
I use the word
Humanity
here as a way to define what I call my
Vessel
for
Being
in this
Plane of Existence.
My
Humanity
or
Human Vessel
had to reach out
and hold my
Consciousness
onto itself
or it would have floated along the river to another
Plane of Existence.
I call this river the
River Styx.
But,
unlike the
Greeks,
I don't look as the
River Styx
as being a one way path to
Hades,
but the path that leads us to the next
Plane.
Some see a
Light,
I see a
River
that you float along to the next
Existence.
I knew I was going to beat the disease this time because I have all the machines at home to help me survive.
I have the
Pure Oxygen Machine
that I can quickly adapt as my
Nebulizer.
I have all the
Chemicals
needed for a
COPD Afflicted Person.
The reason I had a battle between my
Soul
and my
Humanity
is the same reason you hear so often,
"He died peacefully in his sleep."
My
Human Vessel
had to hold onto my
Life Force
so it wouldn't slip away while my
Humanity
was weary from the battle with my disease.
Our
Soul
is happy living in this
Plane,
but it is also anxious to go to the next.
Yet,
my
Humanity
knew that I haven't accomplish everything in this
Existence
that I want to.
So it held on so I can accomplish those things.

This is,
You May Not Believe As I Do,
But This Is What I Truly Believe,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

"Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides."
- Lao Tzu -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

I am still recuperating, so I do not know how much I will be writing the next couple of days. This is the best I have felt in ten days. Thanks for checking in to see if I have been writing. It lifts my Spirit when you do so. Thanks again.

2 comments: