About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I Am Serious About Being Serious

I am seriously going to get really serious now.
I am not bragging when I tell you that I was in
Rock-N-Roll Bands
during the 1980's.
It is a fact
and when I reference this fact,
it is only to prove my point on an issue,
show that I know what I am talking about,
  not that I am just bragging about it.
Where I came from,
I used to get hassled by customers at a local establishment I would patronize,
because I was one of the first to embrace what was called
"The New Wave"
of music back in the 80's.
I would go into the Tavern,
wearing my
"Checkered Jacket"
with a a piece of
"Tin Foil Safety-Pinned"
to my lapel
and would be surrounded by a bunch of
Country Rock Hillbillies 
before I finished my first
Gin & Tonic.
  Back then,
I listened to the
Circle Jerks,
Dead Kennedys,
Sex Pistols,
and
The Ramones
when everyone around me still listened to
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.
It wasn't until
The Cars
and
Blondie
became mega-stars that the
Jethro Bodines
of my little hick town noticed there is more then one kind of music.
I was hassled in bars I patronized
and I was hassled for the music I played in clubs until the rest of the community caught up.
All of a sudden,
I was admired for what I was doing.
So I know hecklers.
And the person who
Commented
on my Post;
where he said:
"When someone says that they learned something from you I'm sure it's what not to do lol." 
I know hecklers
and this person is a serious heckler who can't see the seriousness in what I am doing here.
I am serious about my writing,
I am serious about my Blog,
and I am serious when I say,
Stick And Stones Will Break My Bones, But Your Name Calling Will Never Hurt Me!
So there!

This is,
Me Taking My Ball And Going Home Because I Don't Feel Like Playing Anymore,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“I don't believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously."
- Ray Bradbury -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.


2 comments:

  1. You were never good enough for the Sreaming Blue Messiahs. You have Adam Ant written all over you lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were never good enough for the Sreaming Blue Messiahs. You have Adam Ant written all over you lol.

    ReplyDelete