About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

An Adventure In Hiking

On Mother's Day,
which is always on a Sunday,
became a
life and death
situation for me,
two of my daughters,
and one of my grandchildren.
Sunday is the day my second oldest daughter,
her son,
and I go to a different
Southern California Trails
to go hiking.
This time my youngest daughter decided she would accompany us.
Looking on the
website,
we decided to try the
Tenaja Falls Trail.
It has everything you want.
Kid Friendly,
has a
River,
beautiful
Views,
a
Waterfall,
and
Wildlife.
The website states;
"Tenaja Falls Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Elsinore, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round."
 It also states that the elevation is:
"Up & Down 416 feet."
It is very pretty,
very rugged,
very up & down.
Only saw one rattlesnake,
no mountain lions,
but I really didn't comprehend
"Out & Back"
portion of the description!
It is 4.5 miles in,
4.5 miles out,
on the same rugged mountainous trail.
You would be surprised how far 416 feet is when you have to climb it
up & down
seven or eight times!

This is,
Soaking My Legs In Epson Salt Still Ten Days Later,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity” 
 
That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?
Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

Be Kind To Everyone.

I'll Be Seeing You!


No comments:

Post a Comment