About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Nose Knows

Please forgive me
Steve,
Todd,
and
Jeff.
I know not what I say when I talk about
Politics!
*****
OK,
I have learned my lesson.
It has taken me a lifetime to realize it,
but unless you are in the profession of talking about
Politics,
you should avoid it at all costs.
But I'm not that smart. 
Talking about
Politics
is like explaining to a blind person what beauty is all about,
or describing what the color blue looks like.
(Tell them to feel a cold running stream and that is what blue looks like.)
This will probably not be the last time I will talk about this subject this year,
but
Political Views
are as varied as the noses on our faces.
Sure,
you can group certain noses together,
as you can group of certain people together who follow a particular political candidate.
But their noses
and noses on the faces of a political candidates can say a lot about
our
Political Situation.
According to
"Just like different body shapes and sizes, our noses can be classified into as many as 14 broad categories. While many of us ignore what our noses look like, there are many who can't take their eyes off this very prominent feature of the human face. There even exists a surgical procedure known as rhinoplasty, where professionals alter the contours of a nose to make it less unappealing."
So how do you judge the personality of a person by their nose?
The good people at
Buzzle
have come up with a list.
"How your nose dips and twists says a lot about who you are."
(Apparently)
"Let's take a look at how your nose can reveal your true self."

Large : Materialistic, energetic
Small : Timid, loner
Straight : Systematic, good leader
Slightly upturned : Social butterfly, lucky within social circles
Wide (with a slight bump or flat) : Independent, expressive
Hook-shaped : Powerful, gutsy
Long : Stressed, respectful
Pointed : Self-assured, inquisitive
Snubbed : Immature, friendly
Thin : Finicky, out-of-con

This is,
The Longer I Live The Larger My Nose,
And I Can Guarantee That I Am Not Becoming More Energetic Because Of It!
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“One way of seeing all this was as a symptom of post-millennial decay, the degradation of public discourse, and the encroachment of celebrity worship into the arena of national affairs. Another way of looking at it was as an indication of the GOP's state of disarray. Then there was the way Trump perceives the thing: as a manifestation of his magnificence.”
- Mark Halperin, -


 That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?


Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment