About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Monday, February 17, 2020

47 Years Later

If you haven't read my last
Post
yet,
you might be wondering where I have been.
Well,
I have been out sick with the flu.
I am back with a vengeance though.
Or,
like my kids like to describe me,
I am back embarrassing myself!
I'll tell you why.
Remember back when you were in
High School
and it was a beautiful day outside?
You were driving around,
after school,
in whatever junk car you could afford?
And that one song came on the radio that just made you feel wonderful inside so you decided to sing along with your windows down?
You would be drumming on the steering wheel,
swaying your long hair back
and forth,
and moving as much as you could in the front seat of your car,
as if you are dancing?
Remember?
Now,
come back to today's reality,
47 years later,
and you are feeling fantastic again after a bout with the flu.
A car full of
Millennials
look over
and see this
Boomer.
Who is bald,
with a scruffy beard,
in his 60's,
and he is doing the same thing he was when he was young to the song
True Faith
by
New Order!
I'm car dancing because I feel so good now!

This is,
The Only Thing Missing Was The Ponytail I Used To Wear,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

"Because your consciousness is in the now, the day seems long, but the years fly by!"
- James Hauenstein -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?


Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment