About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Memorize This - There Will Be A Quiz

Have you ever had a hard time remembering someone's name you just met a week ago?
Or were told to do something at your place of work
and as soon as the conversation was over you forgot what you were supposed to do?
Don't worry,
you don't have
you just haven't trained your mind properly to remember new things.
(Side note.)
I was into computers right from the early days,
starting in 1989.
Not the exact beginning but pretty close.
My joke,
I often told when I forgot something was to say,
"I have so much information stored up inside my brain that to add more I need to clean out my mind's cache once in awhile."
Well,
it went over as really funny with computer geeks.
Image result for computer geeks
You might have heard that,
to remember something,
it is best to set it up with a word
or number association.
 I am here to tell you that association does work,
but better still,
is using your mind on a daily basis to remember things!
What was I talking about?
Oh yeah.
(2nd side note.)
I went to
Saint Mary's Grade School
when I was growing up
in
South Milwaukee,
Wisconsin.
Yes,
my hands were repeatedly slapped with rulers by angry wielding
Nuns.
But that is not the moral of this story.
In the early 1960s
Sister Adelle
was still teaching at our school at the ripe old age of 63.
That was old back then.
And she told her class,
and I have lived up to it ever since,
"To keep your brain sharp throughout your life, you need to memorize one thing per day! Don't write it down. Memorize it!"
I know it has worked for me because I can still recite all
48 States
of the
United States!

This is,
What Do You Mean We Have 50 States Now?
When Did This Happen?
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

"At least with the Catholics, you know that when someone hands you a cracker there’s gonna be wine in the mix at some point."
- Peter Watts -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?


Sign up as a Follower,
or leave a Comment.
If it's worthy enough,
I'll answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment