About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Fishing

“Hey you. What are you doing down there?” asks an elderly gentleman as he shines his flashlight close to the water’s edge, on a person leaning up against a large rock.
A pretty faced girl turns her head to face the man questioning her and sees he is also with a boy about 8 years old.
“I’m fishing,” she tells him.
“Fishing?” the old man asks.
“Yes, fishing.” she replies.
A confused looking child asks his great grandpa, “What is fishing papa?”
“Well, a long time ago there used to be sea creatures swimming in these waters and people would have poles with strings attached to them with a hook and some bait on the hook to entice these creatures to take a bite. These creatures, called fish, would then get caught by the hook so the people with the poles could bring them ashore for eating.”
“Those people were called fishermen,” tells the girl. “Kind of sexist if you ask me, since women fished too!”
“How do you know so much about fishing young girl?” asks the old man.
“I read all about it in a book by Samuel Clemens,” the girl says.
Before anyone else can say anything the boy jumps in by asking, “Now what’s a book?”
His great grandpa answers, “It’s how we used to read before your school implant was attached to your brain so you could visualize the school’s reading material in front of your eyes.”
“But why is she fishing papa?”
“Yes little lady. Why are you fishing?” he asks. “There’s no longer any fish in this lake.”
“Sir,” she says flatly to the stranger. “It's not all about catching the fish. It’s about serenity. About getting in tune with oneself. Relaxing.”
“Isn’t that what your frontal lobe stimuli implant is for?” he asks.
“This is a natural way of doing it,” she says. “I believe they used to call it, being in Zen with the fish.”
1,295 Asian Girl Fishing Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from  Dreamstime 
This is,
Saying I Wrote This On My Cell Phone So The Color Came Out Blue
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“I go fishing for reasons other than catching fish.”
- Fennel Hudson -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Leave a Comment.
I would Love to hear from You.

Thanks for reading.
 
Be kind to everyone
 
I'll Be seeing you

2 comments: