About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Carson King's Fundraiser

If you haven't seen
or heard about
Carson King,
here is a really feel good story about a
College Student
and his beer.

As Carson King ends fundraiser with nearly $3 million, he reflects on new fame, the future! by , for the Des Moines Register

 What started as a 24-year-old just asking for beer money ended Tuesday with nearly $3 million raised for an Iowa children's hospital. Sporting his now-signature Cyclone-red apparel, Carson King announced on KXnO's "Murph and Andy Show" that he raised $2,959,336 to donate to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital. His viral fundraising campaign officially ended Monday at 11:59 p.m., but donations were still flooding his Venmo account on Tuesday, making $3 million a possibility. A third of the total was in the form of donations sent to his personal Venmo account;  Anheuser-Busch and Venmo each have pledged matching donations. "It's been a really fun, chaotic whirlwind of a two weeks," King said on the show. The Altoona resident became a sensation after cameras caught him holding a hand-drawn sign as he stood behind the set of ESPN's "College GameDay" in Ames on Sept. 14. Drawn on the sign, in plain black marker: "Busch Light Supply Needs Replenished," and King's Venmo handle. When the money poured in, far exceeding anything King had expected, he decided to donate the funds to the hospital. Busch Light and Venmo pledged to match any donations, and several Iowa businesses also donated, including Smokey Row Coffee Co. and an ice cream shop from Prairie City, where King grew up.

This is,
A Great Story
Instead Of Being Greedy
He Donated The Money To A Worthy Cause
Jim Hauenstein,


And,

“Making money isn't hard in itself... What's hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one’s life to.”
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón -

 
That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you are reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment