About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Man From Mars - Episode Thirty Five

   "Why me, do you think? Do you think we might be in some danger?"
   I don't know if those words are going to haunt me for the rest of my life but, as soon as I said them, all the lights in the compound went out and a siren, straight out of a World War Two movie, starts blaring at the top of its capacity.
   It only takes a few seconds before the dim fire lights to turn on and we can see our surroundings again.
   The lights are battery powered ones, you see in most public buildings, and apparently, everywhere on Ponleak's compound.
   "Sir. Are you there?" Asked one of Ponleak's men.
   The Man from Mars looks slightly to his left and down, pressing his shirt pocket once.
   The communication device, to which he spoke to, was either attached to his shirt, or something very thin and small was inside his pocket.
   "Yes Frank, I'm here." Answers Ponleak in a commanding voice. "What is the emergency?"
   "It's the FBI and the ATF at our front gate. They say they have a warrant to search the premises." Replied Frank. "They have also turned off the electricity and water to our compound. They are saying they will wait us out if they have too."
   As if someone was reading Frank's lips as he was speaking to Ponleak, a familiar voice says over a megaphone, "This is not going to be another Waco incident Ponleak. We have the manpower, time, and money to wait as long as it takes for you to surrender."
   "It's Bopha." Ponleak says flatly. "He never could hide his intentions when he spoke to me."
   I didn't understand what he was talking about, so I asked Ponleak, "His intentions?"
   "Bopha has always been a straight shooter when he speaks." Ponleak explains. "He said surrender. He is looking for a fight. He is trying to put up a front, either to his superiors, or to his men outside."
   "But he said he is willing to wait as long as it takes." I said.
   "If he really wanted just to serve the warrant, he wouldn't have made such an aggressive move by turning off our water and electricity. He looking for a fight."
   Ponleak thinks for a moment, then says, "He knows me. He knows the way I think and how I would set up this compound. He figures we have enough food and water to last at least a year. And he would be right."
   "So what are you going to do? Have an old style wild west standoff?" I asked Ponleak.
   "No, first we are going to get you out of here, and then we are going to let them in."
   I had forgotten about Tiny, but as soon as Ponleak was done speaking, he came up behind me, grab me by both shoulders, and led me straight for the north wall of the room we were in.
   I closed my eyes, putting my head down, waiting for Tiny to slam me up against the wall. For what reason, I don't know why. Maybe he was a traitor to Ponleak, working with Bopha. I don't know.
   I was inches away from getting my face smashed against the wall, and I was about to scream Ponleak's name for help, when the wall slid to the right, exposing a long corridor heading down.
   As it turned out, heading down to a helipad, where the overhead started to open as soon as we entered.
   It was a jet powered helicopter I was looking at.
   Tiny through me inside the side door, climbed in after me, and shook his head yes.
   The helicopter started lifting straight up until we broke above ground, then in a southerly direction, hugged the ground until we almost hit a mountain.
See the source image
   The pilot points the nose straight up and guns it as fast as he can.
   In the mean time, since I didn't have time to strap in, Tiny was laying on top of me, holding me so I wouldn't go flopping around.
   He let me go after I convulsed a couple of times, before regurgitating all over his clothes.

To Be Continued.....

Next Week.

This is,
Convulsing Myself With Excitement,
 Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams, -


That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

If you are reading this on a
Cell-Phone,
below this story you will see a
Link
where it says;
View Web Version.
To truly get the full benefit of my
Blog,
I suggest you view the web version.
You will just have to expand the page to be able to read it.
Thanks again.
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment