About Me

My photo
Hello my fellow Politiores Troglodytes. This Blog is a collection of Posts, Poems, & Short Stories that I write on a daily basis. If you find it entertaining, informative, and controversial, then I have done my job properly. Thank goodness too, because Karma has been on my case of late. I'm supposed to bring fifty people into the fold or I'll have to give back the part of Einstein's brain I inherited. No, I'm not one of the Scientists who got a piece of his brain when he died. Karma said, "Eat this knowledge. It'll make you smarter!" The bargain I made with Karma was, if I could change fifty people into Politiores Populos, I would be rewarded with my very own Lamborghini. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Like what you're reading, then read on. P.S. Populo is Latin for people. Politiores is Latin for educated. Troglodytes is English for troglodytes. And Einstein's brain was stolen by Thomas Stoltz Harvey after his death in 1955 and eventually divvied up into 240 pieces. If you just read that last sentence, then you have just learned something and I'm just that much closer to fulfilling my commitment to Karma!

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Marriage Proposal

   "Okay, Mister Alfred Union and Miss Holly Wedlock. Tell me exactly what kind of prenuptial agreement you two are looking for?" Asks their marriage councilor slash lawyer, Burt Honeygut. "A five year marriage? Ten years? Or are you two infatuated enough with each other that you are looking for the deluxe package of a twenty-five year agreement?"
   It is the year 2110. Before you can get married, both parties have to draw up an agreeable prenuptial, and sign it. It is the law, set in place by the World Government in the year 2075. To unload, an already overburdened court system, of the many divorce cases that plagued society in the late twenty-first century.
   The prenuptial not only secures the rights to previously owned real estate, assets, and investments to each individual, it will also equally divide any future holdings the couple might accrue while living together in matrimony.
    The World Government deemed it necessary to enact the law due to the fact that, in the year 2075, ninety-three percent of all marriages ended in divorce.
    A Government study, done at the time before the law was enacted, found that since human beings now live to the ripe old age of one hundred and fifty, people no longer felt it necessary to stay wedded to a single person or felt any congruency towards each other over a long period of time.
    "Henceforth," declared the World Government after the results of the study were turned in. "All marriages will be considered as a business proposal between two people and a contract of marriage will be needed to be in place before any couple can be wed."  
    People no longer felt a long lasting love for just one other person. You could still have a relationship with your former spouses, after the contract or prenuptial expired. And most often people did. Yet, it is more likely a Holiday get-together of the day would look like a family reunion of formally wed couples, with their children present, those formally wed couples with their new spouses, and their children present, with former spouses of the formally wed couple and their new mates bringing along their children to the festivities.
   The Government study came to the conclusion that when early homo-sapiens married for life, it was out of necessity of perpetuating the species. When human beings only lived until the age of thirty-five, forty, or even sixty years old, their love for each other lasted a lifetime. But living today, until one hundred and fifty years old or longer, a marriage may have started out with as much of love as any human being has felt for another, but time wears and erodes that need for a long lasting relationship. The phrase, "I still love you, but I am not in love with you!" Became the mantra of all married couples.
   "Okay," says Burt Honeygut again. "What kind of contract are you two looking for?"
   Alfred and Holly look at each other and Holly shacks her head yes. Then Alfred looks back at their lawyer and says, "We would like six, twenty-five year contracts in place, back to back. We want our marriage to last our lifetime."
   Honeygut sat their with his mouth open, thinking. Gets his wits about and says, "It has never been done before. I'm not even sure if it is legal or not?"
   The lawyer sat at his desk, looking down at some papers, while tapping his pencil on the wooden top. He looks up smiling and says to the couple, "We are going to make history!"


This is,
I Believe In The Sanctity Of Marriage,
Jim Hauenstein,

And,

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes an unhappy marriage.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Like what you reading?

Sign up as a Follower,
or Set up my Blog
as your Homepage
on your Web-browser,
or Leave a Comment,
or a Suggestion,
and I will answer you in a Post.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. authentication of marriage certificate in Nigeria

    ReplyDelete